cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: port from koodo prepaid

I am hoping someone will be kind enough to help me.

I currently have a Koodo prepaid plan for myself and my wife (2 phones).  I have just received the two SIMs I need to move to the Public Mobile 4.5GB 3 G plan.  However from reading these posts it looks like I need to contact someone at PM to be able to port our old phone numbers over and I can't just do this via self-serve.  Have I got this right?

TIA

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@BC-Eddie

You can activate your SIM card with new public mobile phone numbers.  Then you can private message moderators to have your Koodo number ported over afterwards.  It will take 1-2 days for moderators to process request.  Include your Koodo account number and account holder names with your message. 

From my understanding, you are unable to port via self -service account Koodo prepaid lines.  

Highlighted

Sorry I now realized I was wrong about the type of Koodo account we have.  It is not "Prepaid" but "Monthly".   Does this mean I need to do something differently to get our numbers ported over?

TIA again

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@BC-Eddie

That should mean you are post paid.  So, you can port over directly from your self service account without need for moderator help.  

You can still activate with new public mobile number,  and then port over your Koodo number later.  Or you can port directly with the initial activation of SIM card.  

Highlighted

Thanks again!

Highlighted

Hi @BC-Eddie,

We've responded to your private message! Please check your inbox.

Best,

Syed

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi just signed up but can’t port my number from Koodo can anyone help plz really need to have my old number 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Jamusrowe wrote:

Hi just signed up but can’t port my number from Koodo can anyone help plz really need to have my old number 

If your Koodo was a 30 day prepaid account as opposed to monthly post-paid then you'll need the mods to do that for you.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.

Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

Highlighted

I agree, this was a frustrating learning process and could be simplified.