cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pls help, I made a typo in the number i was porting

elizabethharvey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i created accounts for my husband and myself tonight. 
Our numbers are the exact same except for 1 digit. 

When porting number, im pretty sure i typed his number for both accounts. 

How do i go about fixing this? 

Both accounts were created and billed successfully. 

5 REPLIES 5

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

It won't allow that when there's an existing port request. Customer must get help from the carrier.

Ah yeah you're probably right. When I saw this last for a friend, he had already contacted mods who must have opened it up on his account to try again.

@Nezgar wrote:

Resumbit a new port request with the correct information, and it may then go through automatically before contacting a moderator or porting department.

It won't allow that when there's an existing port request. Customer must get help from the carrier.

Resumbit a new port request with the correct information, and it may then go through automatically before contacting a moderator or porting department.

If you ported the same number to both new accounts, one of them should ultimately fail as you can't port a (now) PM number to PM. But who knows what happens while it try's to sort out the porting. The TELUS porting people might be able to help. As good a place as any to start.

A quick way to confirm would be to put the SIM cards into the phones and figure out what works and doesn't work. Maybe all is good!

AE_Collector

Clive2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

yup they will fix it

Need Help? Let's chat.