cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan minutes being used on incoming calls - confused

Baloo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I joined PM yesterday, on the $10 plan and I bought the 400 minute voice add on.

My number is an 819 area code (Quebec), I am currently in Ottawa (613 area code).

I had 50 Limited Canada-Wide Talk minutes yesterday. Today the usage page shows I have received 24 minutes of calls, leaving 26 minutes. 

I thought that I read incoming calls would not be deducted from the monthly minutes.  

Is this correct? 

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

Baloo

Hmm, 

the plan pricing is certainly unusual.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The discounts definatly make pricing unusual. Usually the less you get the cheaper but not here.

Unlimited canada calling, unlimited int. text, no data = $35/30 days

Unlimtied canada calling, unlimited int. text, 250mb 3G = $50/30 days

Unlimited canada calling, unlimited int. text, 500mb 3G = $30/30 days

@jp2 wrote:

@Baloo wrote:

Thank you for the heads up. 

That's ok, I can buy minutes whenever I need them.

I dont intend the phone to be anything other than a low usage local number.

When I eventually move to Quebec I can always change plans.

I guess I have to build my own plan for:

30 days

Unlimited Canada wide talk

Unlimited international text

No data

$35 less autopay discount.

I can't see any difference in price if I choose 90 days, is that correct?

Do plans cost more in Quebec? I'm paying $30 - auto pay + tax/30 days and getting unlimited canada wide calling, unlimited int. text, and 500mb 3G

@jp2

The plan @Baloo is referring to costs more because there is no data, so instead of taking off the bigger 3 choices discount, only the smaller 2 choices discount is taken off. Talk is also expanded to Canada-wide if you include 3G data, without any data in the plan you pay extra for Canada-wide vs province-wide.

As @Someone_here mentioned - play with that plan builder and don't forget to test out data options as well, even if you think you don't need it (right now).

@Baloo

Don't hesitate to play with the plan builder, you'll find that adding text or data to many plans won't change the price... Better have it than not if it's free 😉

jp2

@LEGO nice save Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler
I saw OP

LEGO

@jp2 This plan cost the same in Quebec as in Ontario.

jp2

@Baloo wrote:

30 days

No data

Do plans cost more in Quebec? I'm paying $30 - auto pay + tax/30 days and getting unlimited canada wide calling, unlimited int. text, and 500mb 3G

Baloo

@smp99 wrote:

Hi @Baloo  If you are going to talk that much, you may as well jump to a talk&text plan. $25/30days. You are already spending that much since you bought a talk add-on. I realize the talk add-on will carry over, but at this rate it might not.

Maybe your first day was not the norm. If you do decide to switch, it's easy to do without penalty, and you are on 30 day plan as opposed a 90 day plan like many here.

The minutes used today are not typical, both my wife and I have work supplied phones.

The main objective is to have an 819 area code when dealing with people in the area.

I think that I should integrate withe everyone, shoving a 613 area code in front of everyone might not be a good move 🙂 

I guess the standard $35 plan is that same cost as "build my own plan" that I mentioned earlier, with the addition of 1Gb of data.  

It's all new to me at present 🙂

LEGO

You are correct, there is no difference in price between 30-day and 90-day plan.

Baloo

30 days

No data

smp99

Hi @Baloo  If you are going to talk that much, you may as well jump to a talk&text plan. $25/30days. You are already spending that much since you bought a talk add-on. I realize the talk add-on will carry over, but at this rate it might not.

Maybe your first day was not the norm. If you do decide to switch, it's easy to do without penalty, and you are on 30 day plan as opposed a 90 day plan like many here.

LEGO

@srlawren wrote:

@LEGO wrote:

You are incorrect > Calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes.

@LEGO huh? @Baloo didn't mention voicemail at all--they were asking about incoming calls.

Sorry, my mistake! Woman Embarassed

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LEGO wrote:

@LEGO huh? @Baloo didn't mention voicemail at all--they were asking about incoming calls.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

LEGO

To avoid using minutes, you may check your Voicemail messages from a landline phone or other mobile phone, dial your phone number, press Star key (*), then enter your password and follow the prompts.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Baloo I'm afraid you read the plan description wrong.  It's incoming texts that are unlimited, not incoming calls.  Unfortunately, all calls are metered on this plan.

EDIT: here's the plan description for your reference: 

OnlyTheIncomingTextsAreUnlimited.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.