cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan activated but no network

luigicontessa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I have just activated my plan on a compatible and unlocked android phone. I received the receipt by email and the confirmation. However, the network seems not existing. I tried to create the APN but no luck. No service, no calls, no data. When I try to enter my account or create a new one my email seems not existing (but i received the email confirmation form pm) and phone number invalid.

21 REPLIES 21

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@luigicontessa wrote:

There are several appearing including PM, Telus, Koodoo and few others but I can't connect to any of them

I actually meant this setting:

Screenshot_20181208-121716.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

luigicontessa

There are several appearing including PM, Telus, Koodoo and few others but I can't connect to any of them

srlawren

@luigicontessa your phone is definitely compatible.  Just be clear, what is your preferred network setting set to?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

luigicontessa

yes thanks a lot. Already tried and same problem with the other phone!

@luigicontessa

Moderator wait times are about 2-3 days.  Your account activation is likely a potential issue.

If you have another phone, you could try your PM SIm card in that phone.  That would help distinguish between hardware issue versus PM service issue.

luigicontessa

ok I understand. It means that in theory it should work, even with a slower connection for data. I think the best thing to do is to wait for the moderator answer to my message. It is already one day without reply. If the email with which I signed in and my phone number are not recognized when I try to register in the section my account it means that they didn't activate it correctly maybe, what do you think?

With talk about 3g and 4g (LTE) network compatability, let's remember LTE is not an absolute requirement to use Public Mobile service.

Text messages, multimedia messages, and data will work on the LTE network.

All of those will also work on the 3g network.  However, only the 3g network can be used for phone calls.

luigicontessa

yes thanks for the info. My problem is not really data ad power of signal but get the actual network for incoming and outgoing calls and messages primarily. I have tried with another phone but same problem. I guess the SIM doesn't work or it has not been effectively activated by PM

Anonymous
Not applicable

@luigicontessa, Based on this page on GSMArena, the phone is missing the primary 4G band used by PM (band 4), but has some of the other bands (5 & 7) that will get you some LTE service.  Basically, 4G data will be limited.

luigicontessa

Thank you a lot. No I have't tried with those mentioned above. However my model is Galaxy J7 SM-J730F

srlawren

@luigicontessa wrote:

phone samsung purchased in Italy. It works with other SIM cards

@luigicontessa which SIM cards?  If it works with Koodo, Telus, Bell, Virgin Mobile, or Lucky Mobile, then it should work fine with Public Mobile.  If it works with Rogers, Fido, or Chatr, then we can't say for sure since Rogers still operates a 2G GSM network.  What is the model number of the Samsung phone?  Samsung phones come with multiple sub-models.  For example, the S7 has these versions:

Versions: G930F (Global); G930FD (Global; Southeast Asia); G930W8 (Canada)
Also known as Samsung Galaxy S7 Duos with dual-SIM card slots

If you can find the specific model number (such as G-something like above), we can check if that variation is compatible for you.

luigicontessa

phone samsung purchased in Italy. It works with other SIM cards

luigicontessa

no i havent received that message. I have tried restarting multiple times

srlawren

@luigicontessa as @mimmo noted, some phones sold in (and meant for use in) other regions such as Asian, India, and Europe do not work with Public Mobile.  Public Mobile does not operate a 2G GSM network at all, so you can ignore 2G in the results  Your phone will neet to support both 850MHz and 1900MHz 3G UMTA/W-CDMA/HSDPA frequencies, which will give you talk, text, and 3G HSPA+ data.  Optionally if you phone supports band 4 4G LTE (primary band) and/or bands 2, 5, 7, 12, 17, 30, you will get LTE speed data in at least some areas (depending on band support and what coverage is available where you are--band 4 is available almost everywhere)

mimmo

@luigicontessa wrote:

I have seen a previous post and my phone doesnt only support the 2G while the 3G and 4G are supported. Will it be a problem?

You need specific 3g and 4g bands.  some asian phone for example will not work in canada.  some details on your phone make model where it was purchased might help.  also can you put your sim in a different phone or a telus bell virgin/koodo sim in your phone.  it will help troubleshoot hardware vs account issues.

I assume you have not received your 4 digit pin via text?

@luigicontessa wrote:

I have activated it on my own. At the store they didn't want to do that. I didn't port any number, I have jus choose a new one. The activation seems complete because i have received their confirmation email

Have you tried restarting your phone?

Turn phone off, remove than reinsert sim, turn phone back on.

Turn airplane mode on than off?

luigicontessa

I have activated it on my own. At the store they didn't want to do that. I didn't port any number, I have jus choose a new one. The activation seems complete because i have received their confirmation email

luigicontessa

Thank you a lot. Yes I have sent the message to the moderator and waiting for an answer. I hope they can solve it. For the phone compatibility I have tried that tool as well, because I have seen a previous post and my phone doesnt only support the 2G while the 3G and 4G are supported. Will it be a problem?

srlawren

@luigicontessa I would normally suggest you check your Account Status in your self-serve account to make sure that it shows as Active.  But it sounds like you can't get into your account.  You may need to contact the moderator team via private message to get help, as it sounds like you have an activation issue.  You can learn how to do that here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

You said your phone is compatible; just to be sure, did you check via the IMEI checker on Public Mobile's site?  If so, please know that it has been known to produce false positives frequently in the past.  If that's the only thing you did to verify compatbility, please also check on https://www.willmyphonework.net to be sure, as it is far more accurate.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@luigicontessa wrote:

Hello, I have just activated my plan on a compatible and unlocked android phone. I received the receipt by email and the confirmation. However, the network seems not existing. I tried to create the APN but no luck. No service, no calls, no data. When I try to enter my account or create a new one my email seems not existing (but i received the email confirmation form pm) and phone number invalid.

Hi, sorry you are having problems.

Did you activate instore or online?

Did the activation complete?

Did you try porting a number while activating the sim card?

Put your old sim and see if it is still working?

Need Help? Let's chat.