cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pin number?

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When I activating my $25 plan in store, the guy ask me to set up a 4 digit pin number, I even got a text massage to remaind me that number. what is that and what is it for?

14 REPLIES 14

@lukevader wrote:

@darlicious wrote: FYI starting a conversation with a service professional to work on your behalf or seek credit or retroactive promos/rewards with an arguement  whether warranted or not rarely benefits you in any way. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Oh my goodness. You realize I was being sarcastic right????????

@lukevader  Good grief Batman....What was I thinking? Lol!

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote: FYI starting a conversation with a service professional to work on your behalf or seek credit or retroactive promos/rewards with an arguement  whether warranted or not rarely benefits you in any way. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Oh my goodness. You realize I was being sarcastic right????????

s_shard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Even though you use your PIN to create an account and then set your own password afterwards, Public Mobile still knows your PIN.   You may need your PIN to use your voicemail, to port your number, or when contacting Public Mobile for help.  Make sure to  store your PIN someplace you’ll remember.

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@lukevader wrote:

If a mod asks for my pin after I verify I'll remember next time to argue with them then about my pin cause @cellphoneuser1 told me I don't have to!!

Nah, don't argue but the whole idea of Simon is so you don't have to give the PIN.

@lukevader   Your pin # for your account/611 services has the same role as it does in other services you use in your daily life like banking, credit cards etc...it a unique 4 digit code that you choose that's easy for you to remember but difficult for someone else to guess. In then gives you easy access to secure accounts and can verify your identity as it is kept personal for high security situations (banking) and can be shared with company vetted and authorized employees to access medium or lower security situations (utilities or reward/points cards). If you do not use it very often (if ever) or use different ones for all your services it can be difficult to remember so having a secure or safe place to keep this kind of security information is important. Be that an app, program, safe deposit box, shoe box buried in your closet or tucked in a copy of To Kill a Mockingbird on your bookshelf as long as you have access it's going save a lot of time and grief when you need it. FYI starting a conversation with a service professional to work on your behalf or seek credit or retroactive promos/rewards with an arguement  whether warranted or not rarely benefits you in any way. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

@lukevader wrote:

If a mod asks for my pin after I verify I'll remember next time to argue with them then about my pin cause @cellphoneuser1 told me I don't have to!!

Nah, don't argue but the whole idea of Simon is so you don't have to give the PIN.

lukevader

@cellphoneuser1 wrote: That aren't supposed to ask for it. Verifying while submitting the ticket is enough. Moderartors asking for it ignores the reasons for using Simon.

@lukevader wrote:

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

You might never use it. For talking to moderators, they only ask PIN if you can't verify yourself by using your self serve password.

That's totally not true. I was dealing with a mod just last week getting a phone number issue fixed and even after I verified I still had to give the pin number for both accounts. 

That aren't supposed to ask for it. Verifying while submitting the ticket is enough. Moderartors asking for it ignores the reasons for using Simon.

lukevader

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

You might never use it. For talking to moderators, they only ask PIN if you can't verify yourself by using your self serve password.

That's totally not true. I was dealing with a mod just last week getting a phone number issue fixed and even after I verified I still had to give the pin number for both accounts. 

@yanzhiqiang  Its a good idea to write down your pin#, password, security question and answer and put it in a safe place. That way if in the future you need it but can't remember it you know you have it to refer to.

yanzhiqiang

Thanks!

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

When I activating my $25 plan in store, the guy ask me to set up a 4 digit pin number, I even got a text massage to remaind me that number. what is that and what is it for?

@yanzhiqiang 

PIN number is also used if you dial 611 from your phone to purchase add ons like long distance, us roaming, talk, etc.

yanzhiqiang

Thanks!

lukevader

Usually you need the pin to verify to the mods you own the account. It helps knowing it if you ever port out too.

Need Help? Let's chat.