cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone

gnreddy2001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't need phone service from public mobile.how to tell them.

How to talk to them regarding this.

10 REPLIES 10

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@gnreddy2001 

Just remove the PM SIM from your phone and remove AutoPay if applicable and don’t pay for 90 days.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@gnreddy2001 wrote:

@gnreddy2001 

As other members have emphasized, you just need to stop paying and your account will eventually close.

But if you still have some money left in your account, you won't get it back either. If that's the case you can try opening a ticket with CS to see what they'll say but don't keep your hopes up.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@gnreddy2001 wrote:

@gnreddy2001 

You can call 611 from your Public Mobile device and remove Autopay, if you have a registered credit card on the account. Or, call (1-855-478-2542 or 1-855-4PUBLIC) from another device to cancel Autopay. You will need the Account PIN to do this.

Or, go directly to your Self Serve account and remove the credit card.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@gnreddy2001 wrote:

If you have a credit card on your file set to Autopay...just remove it.

If you're using vouchers to pay every time plan renews....just don't pay for next renewal.

You current plan will expire and after 90 days the account is closed for good.

If you plan to port your current number to a new provider...your PM account has to stay Active until successfully ported away.

Good luck...and we'll be here when you get back !!  😎

@dabr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gnreddy2001 : While I understand the other poster actually answering your question, but you simply don't need to use that suggestion. This is a prepaid service. If you don't pay, you don't get.

Edit: and of course now they've edited their post.

Lol...it's a lost cause  🙄

Yup.. I can prove that   original reply was to contact CSA and not what it is now.

We have been trying to tell the experience members here to follow proper Etiquette, cross out the original reply if you found out you answered wrong and want to make radical change.  

@Anonymous wrote:

@gnreddy2001 : While I understand the other poster actually answering your question, but you simply don't need to use that suggestion. This is a prepaid service. If you don't pay, you don't get.

Lol...it's a lost cause  🙄

Anonymous
Not applicable

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gnreddy2001 wrote:

@gnreddy2001    Don't pay and you'll get no service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gnreddy2001 

update:: After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means:

• You can no longer access your phone number and you will no longer be able to transfer it to a new provider.
  • You need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.
  • Remove your Autopay,

or Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gnreddy2001  Good news.. you don't need to talk to them.

Just remove the credit card from My Account and disable Autopay

At the end of the cycle, PM will be unable to get the money from you and your account will be suspended.  Another 90 days, your account will be closed and you number will be gone

(you will do thing slightly different if you need to keep you phone number.   But all you need to do is to open a line from another provider and request porting before the end of your current cycle)

Need Help? Let's chat.