cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone plan

rose60
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for the 15$plan.....says I have talk and text and some data.....when I phone out it says I have no talk on this plan

10 REPLIES 10

@mpcdesign  you could be right, I took the talk, text and data to mean that it worked. However, looking at it again, it could have been reference to the plan, and not the service. And it could be a stuck port or incorrectly provisioned SIM. But since @rose60 never replied to any of the questions asked, we can only guess.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@rose60, i have the strangest feeling that if you just signed up and you can't call because you have no minutes, could it be a porting issue ( @gblackma, thoughts on this one? )

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

as others have suggested, the only thing i can think off is that the included 100minutes are all used up.

go to the selfserve portal and under the Overview Tab > Data and Addon Usage, click on View Usage to see the breakdown.

Mark0223
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great choice! 
Have you used up the 100 minutes? You can check your usage on PM website (if you signed up).

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rose60 wrote:

I signed up for the 15$plan.....says I have talk and text and some data.....when I phone out it says I have no talk on this plan

1.  Do the simple procedure first.  Restart your phone to allow PM SIM card to initialize your phone.

2.  You account may not be provisioned correctly.  Adding $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your plan features again.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rose60  Dial 611, what happens?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@rose60 wrote:

On the $15 plan, seconds are rounded up to the nearest minute. Checking voicemail from your phone will also use up outgoing minutes. You can use another phone to check your voicemail to save on minutes.

@rose60  your plan should look like this if you have minutes. If it doesnt, here an article on adding add ons https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

Screenshot_20200321-214124.jpg

To save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and viola you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used. Thank you

Or you could consider a temporary upgrade to the $25 plan below, if you find yourself having to buy 2 add ons monthly  Article on changing plans https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan 

Screenshot_20200323-005503.jpg

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@rose60 wrote:

You have 100 minutes of Canada wide calling. Did you limit out already ? If so, you have another option...get the $5 / 500 minute Canada wide calling add-on. Great addition to a limited calling plan like yours.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rose60 wrote:

How long ago did you sign up? Maybe you've used all the 100 minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.