cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone number

lisaelliott18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i accidentally submitted the wrong phone number i wanted ported when i activated by SIM card.  how do i change the phone number?

9 REPLIES 9

No worries

Once moderators submit the new port request the old/wrong one will be cancelled

If you have hard time with Simon submitting the ticket you can use direct message linkhttps://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

You will need to authenticate

Watch out for repose in private messages

@gblackma wrote:

@lisaelliott18  is your service active now with a temporary number? Log into your self service account  and look into your plan area to check the number. If you are, just resubmit the port request as I suggested in my previous post.

Since lisaelliott18 activated the sim card and requested the number porting at the same time, there would have never been a temporary phone number. That isn't how Public Mobile handles number porting if you compare it to a carrier such as Rogers who does issue temproary numbers.

Even if lisaelliott18 did activate with a new temproary number first and then asked the moderators to port the incorrect number (which isn't the case here), any such temporary number would be gone as soon as the port request was submitted. Public Mobile does not wait until number porting is complete or approved by the other carrier before assigning the phone number to the account.

@lisaelliott18 wrote:

i tried to use the number from my other provider but i miss typed (469 instead of 468) the number.  so my old provider haven't received a request yet so they still have my account active.  i need to change the number on my public SIM card to correct my miss type.

@lisaelliott18 To correct this, you'll need to proceed to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat and then type "port request", the same steps as if you were starting out a request as per the previous messages. This isn't something that you can fix without the help of a moderator.

@lisaelliott18  is your service active now with a temporary number? Log into your self service account  and look into your plan area to check the number. If you are, just resubmit the port request as I suggested in my previous post.

lisaelliott18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i tried to use the number from my other provider but i miss typed (469 instead of 468) the number.  so my old provider haven't received a request yet so they still have my account active.  i need to change the number on my public SIM card to correct my miss type.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

@lisaelliott18  to get the correct number ported, once you have activated with a temporary cell phone number, you have to contact the moderators. Type " Port Request " and follow the prompts to get to one. Give them the name on the account, the number to port and the old providers account number. The account must be active to port your number.  The port will close it once its completed. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Monta t the moderator team click the question mark on bottom of screen.

Hopefully you provided some incorrect ino ie wrong account number or name

Also try contacting old provider and ask them to deny port.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@lisaelliott18 was this your phone number?  If it was, the fastest way to stop the port would be to contact the old provider and ask them to stop it. Stay safe.

Need Help? Let's chat.