Did you mean: 

phone number

Juliann1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I keep my own phone number?

13 REPLIES 13

@GPhil wrote:

No

The question you were answering was asked of a different user in the message immediately before yours.  I'm not sure if there was some confusion about that.

GPhil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No

@Pakki wrote:

Koodo

Are you and @Juliann1  the same person?  Were you having trouble logging in to a previous Community account?

Pakki
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Koodo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GPhil wrote:

You need to read things more carefully. The ? was can u port the answer was Yes. My problem is with a Koodo number not be recognized. And Yes I know you have to send a mod msg.

Since you seem to know a thing or two...maybe next time try not crapping on someone elses thread with a different problem.

GPhil

You need to read things more carefully. The ? was can u port the answer was Yes. My problem is with a Koodo number not be recognized. And Yes I know you have to send a mod msg.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GPhil wrote:

Thanks. I'm familiar with the porting prosess; however, my problem is with my Koodo # not being reconized. I've already sent a msg.

Just a minute ago you were offering help to the OP. Now you're saying you're having a problem. You even said thanks to no one in particular.

Was this Koodo prepaid or post-paid? You need moderator assistance for Koodo prepaid.

GPhil

Thanks. I'm familiar with the porting prosess; however, my problem is with my Koodo # not being reconized. I've already sent a msg.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Juliann1 wrote:

Yes you can port your number from your current provider.

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should send a private message to moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Juliann1 wrote:

Yes you can. Who is your current provider?

GPhil

Yes as others have said you can keep your number if certain conditions apply. Also, if you are not successful at first in porting (fancy name for transfering) send an email to the moderator who can also be quite helpful. Good Luck

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is more info about porting (transfer ing phone#)

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Juliann1 

Do you mean can you keep your own number from another mobile company?  

Yes, you can port another phone number from different mobile company either on activation of new account or afterwards via self service account.  Called porting your number.  You will need your original company account number, phone number and account holder name.  

Need Help? Let's chat.