cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone number

sparkplug
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello i am intrested in your services... but i am woundering if i switch to your company can i keep my current phone number ?

6 REPLIES 6

bsperanz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I switched over today and I had my number transfered over without issue

edmonch2013
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, you can and most people here ported their number from other provider. 

before you port your number over, make sure you have you current account number, your name on the account and PIN number for that account. for the pin number if you don't know, call the customer service to find out. the pin number is very important. 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You weren't able to back in the days, but telecommunication laws have changed since then.

Taekgun

@sparkplug

To expand a bit on the comments already, porting is able to be completed by you during the activation process, or after you have created an account with a new phone number (the second option is the recommended way to do it).  You need to ensure your account with your old provider is in good standing and then the process of porting is a breeze following the steps.

Have a read of the following link for the best practices to ensure a smooth and successful port-in.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes 99.9% of the time

closng

Hi @sparkplug,

Yes, if you switch to Public Mobile, you will be able to bring your existing number over to Public Mobile as well (this process is called phone number porting).

Need Help? Let's chat.