cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone number

yuexiaoyang0418
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went to Wal-Mart and change my phone from fido to public mobile, I was want keep my old phone number, right now they give me a temporary number, and I can't get number back? What can I do right now?

5 REPLIES 5

@yuexiaoyang0418 wrote:

I went to Wal-Mart and change my phone from fido to public mobile, I was want keep my old phone number, right now they give me a temporary number, and I can't get number back? What can I do right now?

You can port the number in yourself.  You"ll need to go to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

Once in your account, click on the Plans and Add-Ons near the top, and then on Change Phone Number.  Select next to Transfer wireless or wireline number from another provider.  For the section where it asks for your Fido account information, I would suggest skipping IMEI and PIN, while only using the Fido account number.

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you have not already done so, create a Public Mobile online account. If you already have a Public Mobile online account then sign in. Once you have signed in to your Public Mobile online account it will take you to the home page. While there if you look to the to right section of that page, you will see a link "change my number". Click on that link. Choose port/bring number from another provider ( in this case for you it is Fido). You will need your Fido account, Fido number you want to bring to Public Mobile and your PIN you used when with Fido. The port of your old Fido cell number could take up to 3 hours once you hit submit from the Public Mobile site. Once the port is done you will get an email and/or text. Also you can log back into your Public Mobile online account and look at what number is showing as active there,,, is it the new on WalmartW assigned you or your old Fido number. If it is the old Fido number, then your pret was successful .

Cheers

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Sharry19 wrote:

First of all Welcome to Public Mobile.

Please don't worry even if you get different number for time being still tou can port your old number to Public Mobile as long as you didn't disconnect your previous number.

You can setup your My Account with Public mobile first and then there is a option to change the number from there you see the option for porting old number so you can do it from there.

Login to the Self Serve account,
Following the Steps below:
1.Click on Plan and add ons
2.Change phone number
3.Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider
4.Check to see if your phone number is eligible   
You will need your FIDO Account Number FIDO PIN number  

Hope this helps.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@yuexiaoyang0418  Log into your self-serve account and on the main page under your profile there is a link that says Change Number. Click that then select to transfer your number from another provider and give the information for your old number. Make sure that you keep the account with your old provider active until the number is transfered, your old account will be closed automatically after the number is moved.

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

First of all Welcome to Public Mobile.

Please don't worry even if you get different number for time being still tou can port your old number to Public Mobile as long as you didn't disconnect your previous number.

You can setup your My Account with Public mobile first and then there is a option to change the number from there you see the option for porting old number so you can do it from there.

Need Help? Let's chat.