cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone number was sold

venture
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got a number of calls from same number a few days now..i decided to answer today person asked me if this is my number?I said yes..he said oh no wind sold me this number and its on 4 thousand flyers for hand sanitizer..

i said i am no longer with wind i am with public.

he asked me if i had any calls for hand sanitizer.. i said no

we did not know what to do..

he left saying he was calling wind.i am not sure what to do? does this happen do numbers get sold that are already asigned?

11 REPLIES 11

@venture I would block the number at your device that called you and ignore it. If you want to be super tinfoil hat about it like I am, you can block any numbers that are not in your caller ID and they will go straight to voicemail. Hope you get this all figured out. Public Mobile will not be able to do anything about this though. 

Have a wonderful week!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I would ignore it

Looks like somebody likes your number

If you want to keep it just ignore them

You don't have a problem unless you have a problem, if you start receiving calls just change your number if you don't want to tough it out.

If they say the truth and wind did give it to them let them figure it out, they can get another one

Moderators can't really help with that.

Btw my number is burnt into some printers, if you are out of toner I'm the person to call. Apparently they went under in 2001 and I was a lucky winner of the random number.  It's been almost two decades, I haven't received a call about it this year (yet)

@venture 

Unfortunately, carriers do make mistakes and have assigned already active phone numbers to customers before.  

However, I tend not to believe the 4000 flyer claim. I can't imagine someone printing advertising before verifying that the phone number is fully working. Sorry, but if your numbers is on flyers, Public can't help with that. You can decide to change phone numbers.

If you're still receiving incoming phone calls, then your number is still active at Public.  It would be Freedom and Freedom's customer who would have to change to a different phone number.

venture

i got thru and ticket was sent

Google "reverse phone number lookup" - there's lots of phone directories, ignore any which claim you have to register or subscribe or pay for the free public info.

venture

where do i go online to look up the my number and that callers number

venture

thank you had problem getting simon to get me ticket

@venture 

Look up your phone number online. See if it has any history.

Look up this caller's phone number online. See if it's ever been reported for spams, scams, etc. Block it if you have to.

Ask the SIMon bot for a "support ticket" or "moderator" if you like, it can't do any harm although I'm not sure what they can do to correct this problem.

One caller dialing a wrong number he says he read off a pamphlet a long time ago doesn't seem like much of an issue. I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets worse.

And you always have the option of changing your phone number in Self-Serve. No cost although it can be a bit of a hassle if you need to keep a lot of your contacts updated.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@venture...one option is to log into My Account ...and in the My Profile area, you can click on Change number.

@venture  were you originally with Wind? If not, I dont see how they can reassign  your number. Its probably a crank call. But to be safe,  contact the moderators.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

venture

do i need a ticket to get question..moderator please ..

Need Help? Let's chat.