cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone number transfer?

Telefon1577
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how can I transfer my old phone number to the new phone?

if I have to get a new sim card and can't use my old number

so how can I transfer after a new sim card with a new number my old number ?

6 REPLIES 6

rootchips
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Basically when you transfer over, you can do what is called “porting”. This is taking your old number and putting it in the new sim and it happens during activation.

You can read more about this here - https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number but if you are concerned about the process at all, try and get to a Public Mobile kiosk as they can often help with the process! Good luck!

ighsaw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Click on "My Account", click on "Plans and Addons", click on "Change Phone Number", select "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider".  Enter the phone number you want to see if its elegible.

@Phayeser wrote:

When you get your new SIM card, you'll have to enter the SIM card number in the port request, along with your existing phone number, etc.

Once it is done, you can then start using your new plan with public mobile.  Until it ports, you should be able to continue using your existing cellphone number/SIM card with your previous plan.

@Phayeser That is incorrect. The sim card number is entered during activation. A port requires the account information from the previous provider and not the sim number.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Telefon1577 wrote:

how can I transfer my old phone number to the new phone?

if I have to get a new sim card and can't use my old number

so how can I transfer after a new sim card with a new number my old number ?

Don't you close out the old account. It'll be closed once the port process is complete. If you've already closed the old account...it's too late, you won't be able to use that number.

Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

Phayeser
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When you get your new SIM card, you'll have to enter the SIM card number in the port request, along with your existing phone number, etc.

Once it is done, you can then start using your new plan with public mobile.  Until it ports, you should be able to continue using your existing cellphone number/SIM card with your previous plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.