cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone number transfer request

kquinndc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need my previous provider to send me another confirmation request. I heard from Public that would happen on Friday. It did not receive another request. I need public to send my previous provider a notice to me to be able to reply yes to the request.

7 REPLIES 7

@Janusz1 wrote:

I need my previous provider to send me another confirmation request. I heard from Public that would happen on Friday. It did not receive another request. I need public to send my previous provider a notice to me to be able to reply yes to the request.

@Janusz1 You need to put your old sim in your phone and call the number below. Welcome to PM.

There is a relatively new procedure introduced by all cell companies to prevent fraudulent ports. You will receive a text SMS from your provider asking you to authorize the port. You have 90 minutes to reply. If you did not receive the SMS for whatever reason you can call **and have them fix the port. If you answered the SMS it can take a few hours for the port to complete. You can continue using your old sim until it stops working. Then insert your PM sim and you should be good to go.

Here is a link to a Public Mobile page on porting that may be useful:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Janusz1

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@shaafi wrote:

my previous provider was rogers when i put the public mobile sim i missed the porter request can you send me a porter request again so my public mobile can start working its been 3 days i activated my sim

Type in port request for the subject.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

shaafi

my previous provider was rogers when i put the public mobile sim i missed the porter request can you send me a porter request again so my public mobile can start working its been 3 days i activated my sim

@kquinndc You're very welcome.

Welcome to Public Mobile

kquinndc

thank you kindly!

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@kquinndc wrote:

@kquinndc If you need PM to re initiate a port request perhaps contact a moderator and ask them to do it. Leave your old sim in as you need it to receive the port request SMS from your old provider. Once that sim stops working put in your PM sim and port complete. 

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the chat bubble bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 12.40.34 PM.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.