cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone number still active

rw1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

cancelled phone with public mobile 3months ago, had to stop payment at bank because I couldnt log in to account,(cancelled payment in January) bought a new phone when I switched companies, but phone can still  be used to make calls and texts

8 REPLIES 8

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You need to cancel your auto-pay. As long as auto-pay is active in your account the number will be active. Once you so this the number will be cancelled in 90 days. You Can stop auto-pay through your online account. 

Cheers

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@rw1 wrote:

cancelled phone with public mobile 3months ago, had to stop payment at bank because I couldnt log in to account,(cancelled payment in January) bought a new phone when I switched companies, but phone can still  be used to make calls and texts

If you mean that calling the number it rings, someone else might haemve been assigned number as a new customer.

If you can make calls, that means that someone kept paying.  Check your credit card statements and check if you can still log into Public self-serve account.  Check the balance too.

Razvan_A
Customer Support Agent

@rw1 wrote:

Hi rw1,

I can help you with this issue.

Please respond to the private message I have sent you :).

Thanks.

Razvan

@rw1 wrote:

no I didnt port the number I switched to a new number, so the old number can still be used for 90 days at no charge?

No it cannot.  Once your 30 days of paid usage is up, the service stops.  After 90 days of service stoppage, the account will deactive.  When you say your old number is working, do you mean that you can still use your Public Mobile SIM card and there is working service on it?  If so, then you still have an active payment system in your Public Mobile account and it is still drawing funds and doing routine renewals.  If that is the case and you wish to terminate the service, you will need to gain access to the account and remove auto payment as already suggested.  You will need to contact the moderator team to resolve this issue.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

just see your reply, interesting, if you already removed your card, your service is still on..

rw1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

no I didnt port the number I switched to a new number, so the old number can still be used for 90 days at no charge?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@rw1, did you port out your phone number to a different service?  If you have canceled payment of this service, the account will go into suspension.  After 90 days of suspension, the account will deactivate. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@rw1 wrote:

Do you still have a credit card on file with Public Mobile on autopay?  When you switched providers did you port out the number from here.  The only way to really cancel/close your account here is to remove credit card and disable autopay or have your number ported out to another provider.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.