Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone not working

sansonj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

phone goes to voice mail every time someone calls

13 REPLIES 13

@fjmonteith let us know how it got resolved in the end... 

fjmonteith
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in contact with the MODERATOR thanks.

@fjmonteith  Which province are you at?   How many bar of reception showing on the screen?

also, what brand/model of your phone?

One thing you can try, change your Network type to 3G only and see if you are getting more calls.

Also, since you have tried different things, I suggest you open a ticket with Mod as well

To open a ticket with mod, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot
Enter your question in SIMon. Follow the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

fjmonteith

No. It is not an IPHONE. I have checked every setup, security, connection protocals, and was able to have them verified.

The mystery is: only certain numbers are affected. Most of these are gov't agencies. I am suspicious of someone trying to restrict my access to these agencies.

Justlikeme

Do you have do not disturb turned on if it's an iphone? 

fjmonteith

There are times that clients, need a rapid response. I am now in day 4, of a serious account problem that I should not have. It prevents me from communicating with government officials, regarding legal matters. I am on a three week timeline, to get this Canada Federal Matter resolved. If I do not pursue, this "phone not working" issue, aggressively, it will not fix itself.

In my legal problems, there are a large number, or opposed people, who would love for my phone service to have problems.

I have sent a message to the Moderator, however I cannot tell if I have created a ticket!

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@millsm 

Welcome to the Public Mobile community to you too!  🙂

Noticed it was your first post here!

millsm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Like all of the above, welcome to the Public Mobile community! 😁

A lot of these answers are helpful for sure, but I wanted to chime in and say that sometimes being patient may help! I recently switched over from a different phone carrier to Public Mobile. I switched on a weekend and tried to port my number over. Apparently it got stuck and I was without a working phone for a few days (this honestly sucked at first, but then I put my phone down and forgot about it). After that, it worked completely fine! I also got in touch with a mod, which helped to ease my mind that the transaction actually went through. 

Basically, letting you know, you aren't alone with phone not working issues! But, as the others have noted, giving some time may actually solve the problem. 

Good luck!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@sansonj   did you try to reboot your phone one more time?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sansonj 

Could you give us more information so we can help pin point you problem?

- If you are porting over from another carrier, did you reply to the text that you are porting over to PM with the old SIM in the phone?

- Try powering off the phone remove the old SIM then put in the PM SIM wait a few minutes then powering back on.

- Or did you chose a new phone number from PM?

- Try powering off the phone then power on after a few minutes.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sansonj wrote:

@sansonj 

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port.

Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete (but usually less).

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If after the 2-3 hours for a cell port or a few days for a landline port and you are still not receiving incoming calls, contact the Moderators to check on your port.

If this was not a port or a new number activation...give it a bit of time (an hour maybe), try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

@sansonj wrote:

Are you a new customer?  If you have requested that a number be ported in, try using your old carrier's SIM card to see if calls are being directed there.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sansonj 

Welcome to the Public Mobile community!  🙂

Can you tell us more?  When did you activate?  Can you call out?  Send SMS text messages?  Can you receive SMS text messages?  Have you tried your SIM card in another phone?

Were you porting/transferring your phone number?  (If so, did you confirm on your old SIM card/provider to authorize the transfer?)  Porting your number is actually a complex process that can take a few hours once "complete."

Need Help? Let's chat.