Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone not working

spetridis1909
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i recently switched from virgin mobile to public mobile on april 8th

i kept the same phone number, 

four days later i find out that my account wasnt automatically cancelled from my previous provider.

to make matters worst, when you dial my number , i goes straight to the voicemail of virgin mobile. my line isnt working at all.

my phone clearly says public mobile on it

10 REPLIES 10

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr : I don't think the source provider does anything other than letting the number go and close the account. The OP will either need to contact the moderators or maybe re-do the transfer in Change Number or call the porting number.

Hmm...I just realized that it's not the OP posting here..   @JS31  Ignore my earlier post to you.  You'll need to contact moderators or call the porting # that @RosieR  has private messaged you.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@JS31 wrote:

I did get the port request confirmation text message but didn't get to confirm before the link expired.  How do I get Public Mobile to send a new port out (or in) request to my previous provider so I can receive a new link?  Thanks!

Hi @JS31 contact the moderators to hep you with porting.  EDITED

You may also call the porting number I sent you, for faster response.  Check the envelope icon on top right of this page.  

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr : I don't think the source provider does anything other than letting the number go and close the account. The OP will either need to contact the moderators or maybe re-do the transfer in Change Number or call the porting number.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JS31 wrote:

I did get the port request confirmation text message but didn't get to confirm before the link expired.  How do I get Public Mobile to send a new port out (or in) request to my previous provider so I can receive a new link?  Thanks!

@JS31   You are transferring in from VM to PM right?   Then it's your previous provider who needs to resend the transfer text to you and I assume your account there would still need to be active for them to do that.  Can you not ask VM to resend the porting out text to you so that you can authorize it?  You need to keep the SIM from the old carrier in your phone to respond to their text too.

JS31

@RosieR wrote:

@spetridis1909 wrote:

four days later i find out that my account wasnt automatically cancelled from my previous provider.

to make matters worst, when you dial my number , i goes straight to the voicemail of virgin mobile. my line isnt working at all.

Hi @spetridis1909 your port failed.  Follow the suggestion by @esjliv above.

For much faster information on your port, call the Porting Number I sent you.  Sorry I cannot post the number in the forums. 😁  Check the envelope icon on top right.  If you see a number there, click it.

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

@spetridis1909 just bumping your thread.  Has your porting problem been resolved?

Please share your experience here in the community forums so other customers, with the same problem, would know what to do.  Thanks in advance

Have a wonderful day

RosieR

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@spetridis1909 

Did you leave the Virgin SIM in the phone and wait for a text from Virgin to confirm that you are porting over to PM?

It sounds like your porting is not completed.

Click the SIMon Chat bubble and ask to contact a moderator and they will help you with the porting.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@spetridis1909 wrote:

Hi @spetridis1909 your port failed.  Follow the suggestion by @esjliv above.

For much faster information on your port, call the Porting Number I sent you.  Sorry I cannot post the number in the forums. 😁  Check the envelope icon on top right.  If you see a number there, click it.

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

YUJA

Did you contact Public Mobile about the account wasn't automatically cancelled from your previous provider? 

because I just changed from Fido to PM today and from FIdo, the phone account was gone

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@spetridis1909 wrote:

@spetridis1909  did you get the text from Virgin to approve the port?

IF YES, then try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

IF NO text was received and replied back to approve the port, call the Porting Team at xxxxx (private messaged OP) to assist with your port.

OR contact the Moderators to initiate the port again.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.