Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone not working

cobblehill
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

when i try to make a phone call its not registered to network

6 REPLIES 6

@Cdntrooper wrote:

You may have to contact your previous service provider to get the sim network pin. Iphones can be unlocked remotely and android you need to enter a sim pin.

It wouldn't say not registerd to network and it wouldnt' be affecting just calls. Sim network PIN is asked for as soon as phone is turned on if it's locked.

Cdntrooper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You may have to contact your previous service provider to get the sim network pin. Iphones can be unlocked remotely and android you need to enter a sim pin.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@cobblehill wrote:

Is data working? There are some phones that only work with data on LTE but not phone calls because they have no Public Mobile 3g capability.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cobblehill wrote:

Which phone are you using?

PM uses 3G only for voice calls.

If you have an old Rogers phone which supports GSM(2G) only, it will not work with PM.

Is your data working on your phone?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@cobblehill wrote:

@cobblehill  Check the network settings on your device make sure it's set to auto or Public Mobile. If you have another device insert your PM sim card to see if it connects to Public's network. If yes, then it's definitely a settings issue on your device.

Jojoking
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If it says "No service" Try to Restarting your device.After you Can remove clean and insert the SIM card.If you still have issues see if you are in the public mobile coverage Zones. 

Hope this helps! 

Need Help? Let's chat.