cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone not connecting to network

Kadeklisowsky
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just bought a SIM card and activated it and everything, but when it is inserted into my phone it will not connect to the network. I have tried everything that SIMon has suggested and nothing is working. I have a new iPhone 11 if that makes any difference. any help appreciated thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

@Kadeklisowsky 

That's unusual....normally moderators do the provisioning themselves at least to my knowledge they did but maybe it relates to whatever is causing sim cards to not to provision requires the tech team to troubleshoot the issue.

If you actually got a sim card that's a dud (which is rare) you will have to replace it hopefully thru a local retailer. Save the reciept to submit a copy to the moderators.They will credit your account the cost of the sim card. You can swap the sim card yourself by verifying thru your email or you can just get the moderator to perform the sim swap for you and issue the credit to your account at the same time.

Kadeklisowsky

just said the same thing as the you guys and passed me to a tech.

@Kadeklisowsky wrote:

So far this moderator can't even fix my issue.

@Kadeklisowsky ,

What did they say?

Maybe respond and ask for another representative to look into your account.

Kadeklisowsky

So far this moderator can't even fix my issue.

@Kadeklisowsky 

There has been a provisioning issue for the past 10 days or so with a much higher incidence of this happening than usual. Inconvenient for sure....but my message to the moderators today was answered in 10 minutes so it should be fixed shortly. Just keep an eye on your private message box.

Kadeklisowsky

It is a brand new iPhone 11 from apple so I don't believe it is blacklisted. Since it is new there is no previous provider. The sim does not work in another phone. Also it is worth noting that the first number I was assigned was somebody else's. So when I called it from another phone some random dude picked up.

@Kadeklisowsky 

Start with @Spudster suggestion. If it doesn't work then your sim card did not provision correctly upon activation and you will need to contact the moderators to provision it to your account. Put "sim not provisioned upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

If the sim works in another phone follow @softech suggestions....if it still doesn't work then try @esjliv just in case one of those trouble shooting methods work otherwise come back and we will brainstorm what the device issue is......

Edit:

I see you posted while I was typing....now you know what to tell the moderators to do when they contact you which should be in the next 15 minutes or so....

Kadeklisowsky

I have done all of these things and nothing works. I have submitted a ticket and will wait for a reply. thanks for all of the opinions though

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Kadeklisowsky 

Try placing the newly activated SIM card in a different phone (if one is available to try) to see if it provides service in that other device.

for iPhone, can you try 

1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kadeklisowsky wrote:

Hi,

I just bought a SIM card and activated it and everything, but when it is inserted into my phone it will not connect to the network. I have tried everything that SIMon has suggested and nothing is working. I have a new iPhone 11 if that makes any difference. any help appreciated thanks.

Hello @Kadeklisowsky 

Have you tried one or more of the below?

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Kadeklisowsky Did the activation go through properly? Did you get charged on your payment method? I have recently activated a sim for a friend and it worked instantly on an old iPhone. Make sure you reboot your iPhone after putting the sim in. 

Need Help? Let's chat.