cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone is showing : no service

zhuanglm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi, this morning , after I restarted my phone. it can not register to public mobile . phone can read sim , could display the number. I tried to search and register manually, but it says can not connect to network blablabla...
19 REPLIES 19

See Public Mobile does have a heart and they are reasonable. Enjoy your savings now, hopefully long into the future!

@zhuanglm wrote:

finally, Mod asked me to buy a new sim card , and they helped me to changed the sim num on backend, and I got the money back as credit in my account. 

zhuanglm

I'd like to mention that they asked me to buy new sim card starts with 891223.....

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zhuanglm wrote:

finally, Mod asked me to buy a new sim card , and they helped me to changed the sim num on backend, and I got the money back as credit in my account. 

Mines been like that for a month. I'll reach out to the mods too see if it is a SIM for me too. I guess it has been transfered a few times, (but mostly to try to fix this issue!)

zhuanglm

zhuanglm

yes, voice mail.

@zhuanglm  Waht happens when you dial your number from another phone. Does it go to VM? 

zhuanglm

Screenshot_2019-08-01-13-18-09-865_com.android.phone.pngScreenshot_2019-08-01-13-19-07-209_com.android.phone.pngScreenshot_2019-08-01-13-20-06-736_com.android.phone.pngScreenshot_2019-08-01-13-20-15-579_com.android.phone.png

@zhuanglmthis tread has asked for screenshots multiple times now.  If you wish more assistance that we should be able to provide, please post the screenshots.

@zhuanglmJust want to make sure you didn't get SIM jacked. But if you can log into your selfserve then it should be okay.

zhuanglm

I have never changed my card , and so my card seems no problem, cuz all of phones could identified the number and carrier of the SIM

@zhuanglmCan you log into your selfserve account and double check if the last 4 digit of the SIM card matches that on that is in your file?

HOW TO CHANGE YOUR SIM CARD #HOW TO CHANGE YOUR SIM CARD #

zhuanglm

update: I tried use public mobile SIM in both samsung galaxy4 and google nexus 5 . doesn't work, devices could read phone number from card but could not register into network. all of those devices could use other SIM cards.

aridShrub

That is interesting that you were able to activate service on an older device (Nexuus5). With your current problem, are you able to enter the "SIM" on the "Activate Sim" page; or does it say "Invalid SIM" when you attempt to enter "SIM Card details"?

If you do see "Invalid SIM" it likely means that the SIM has been registered to an account already; and the port failed.

zhuanglm

thanks

zhuanglm

no, I didn't make any change recently. 

Are you starting a new plan, or changing your phone number?  A port is changing a number by bringing it from a different carrier.

If you're just turning on the phone, I assume you're already a customer, and it's possibly a network issue or service outage that is affecting you.

You must invoke a port via Self-Serve, and if you haven't either your account has been compromised, or some other fishy thing has happened.

The account could be expired, suspended, something else.  We need more or better information to know what's going on.

@zhuanglm wrote:

it has happended before. I tried to set SIM in my MI mix2 and iphone6, both of them can not log into service. after I inserted it into Nexus5, it worked. and then put it into mix2 again, could connected. this time I didn't tried this way, because I checked through this issues and found out similar issure :https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Phone-showin-quot-No-service-quot/m-p.... it is port problem, so I think if my issue is the same thing?

@zhuanglm  Best to contact the Moderator Team and aske them to check it from their end. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

zhuanglm

it has happended before. I tried to set SIM in my MI mix2 and iphone6, both of them can not log into service. after I inserted it into Nexus5, it worked. and then put it into mix2 again, could connected. this time I didn't tried this way, because I checked through this issues and found out similar issure :https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Phone-showin-quot-No-service-quot/m-p.... it is port problem, so I think if my issue is the same thing?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@zhuanglm wrote:
Hi, this morning , after I restarted my phone. it can not register to public mobile . phone can read sim , could display the number. I tried to search and register manually, but it says can not connect to network blablabla...

@zhuanglm  What kinda phone to you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.