cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone does not recognize sim card

kean
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I followed all the instructions to register and switch to PM. Got email from PM welcoming me and email from prev. provider telling me I have left their service however my phone tells me there is no sim card installed. I have removed it, checked it, reinstalled same message. What happened?

15 REPLIES 15

@Amos1 wrote:

Getting no replies from support and phone does not work

Amos1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Getting no replies from support and phone does not work

shaguftatariq69

other PM simacrd is working it means there is no problem in the phone. One PM simcad is working while other not 

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@shaguftatariq69 wrote:

After inserting the sim it is not shwoing up, it says no service. 

@shaguftatariq69

Check your apn settings..what phone is it that you are using?

shaguftatariq69

After inserting the sim it is not shwoing up, it says no service. 

Awu1

Hey, what installations did you do? What are some things that you changed from the last time you used the sim card with your phone? 

shaguftatariq69

Hello,   My sim card is not recognised by the cell phone. It was working before in the same cell phone but now simcard is not showing up after installation.    Thanks. 

@CellAid wrote:

Did you check to make sure your phone was compatible with Public Mobile before making the switch?  You can enter in your phones IMEI number in the Getting Started section of Public Mobiles website.

@CellAid

a) @kean seems to have solved their problem.

b) The IMEI checker is only checking if the device is black listed and is unreliable for compatibility (regularly providing false positives).

willmyphonework.net is a way better source for compatibility.

CellAid
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Disregard my previous comment, just seen this now.  Glad you have it working.  Welcome, you'll love this provider 🙂

CellAid

Did you check to make sure your phone was compatible with Public Mobile before making the switch?  You can enter in your phones IMEI number in the Getting Started section of Public Mobiles website.

Eluneo

Happy to read this 🙂 Happy new year to you and your wife with PM!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kean wrote:

I followed all the instructions to register and switch to PM. Got email from PM welcoming me and email from prev. provider telling me I have left their service however my phone tells me there is no sim card installed. I have removed it, checked it, reinstalled same message. What happened?

Hi @kean,

This is usually caused by one (or both) of these:

1) Your phone might be locked to previous provider.  Did you purchase the phone through your previous provider, especially prior to Dec 2017?  If so, it probably came locked to them, and you need to contact them for an unlock code. 

2) Your phone might not be compatible.  Did you happen to only check it using the IMEI checker on Public Mobile's site? That checker unfortunately often produces false positives for compatibility.  Please check on https://www.willmyphonework.net, or post your brand and model number (as specific as possible) here and we can help verify compatibility.

EDIT: I see now you're all good.  Welcome to Public Mobile.  What resolved it for you?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kean

thanks for the reply all is working fine now.

kean

regarding previous trouble with sim card all is working fine now so I guess I'll change my 

wifes phone next.

Eluneo

Do you have a unlock phone ?

Need Help? Let's chat.