cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

people receiving calls from my phone that I did not make

lorilynng
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

2 people I don't know and who are not in my contacts have called me in the past 2 days, returning my call. But I did not call them and nobody else used my phone. I don't know what to do about this. 

5 REPLIES 5

payammasjedi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same thing happened to me but don’t be alarmed.

When I activated my sim card and my number was transferring, I had a temporary number and I got a couple of calls from people I didn’t know.

Just inform them with “wrong number” and that’s it. 
    It’s actually very common with new activations which involves number transfer. I had the same thing with other providers as well so there’s nothing to worry about.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@lorilynng , you may be able to set your dialer to block calls from those who are not in your contact list.  This could case issues when you receive a legit call from say a service provider that you may not have their number in your contact list.  Unless the errant calls are an epidemic, it is always best to manually screen.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@lorilynng wrote:

2 people I don't know and who are not in my contacts have called me in the past 2 days, returning my call. But I did not call them and nobody else used my phone. I don't know what to do about this. 

Are you a recent PM'er ? Did you port an old number from previous cell provider or did you select your own new number. If you want, you can select a different number every 30 days.

I make it a habit of not answering any call that I don't recognize the caller number. If it's legit, they'll leave a message and I'll call them back..if I chose to. Once you answer a bogus call, they know your number is active and will call you repeatedly. It's just a reality nowadays.

Welcome to PM.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@lorilynng someone spoofed your number. There's an option to change it once every 30 day cycle from within your self service account. Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lorilynng wrote:

@lorilynng  It's called spoofing happens all the time. Did you pick a new number when you signed up with PM? If yes, then that's why.

Need Help? Let's chat.