cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

partial port/port fail;

smohring
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there. I switched from Bell to PM last night however as of today am still receiving calls on the old device/old SIM, but can receive and send texts AND call out on the new one. How can this be resolved in order to fully transfer to the new SIM/device.

Any help from mods would be great, thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

ArthurL

@Lieux wrote:

@ArthurL did you write to the moderator_team???

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage

Thanks you. My is solved now. I need to cancel my chatr auto-pay enrollment first so they will release the number to PM. I didn't see any document for that. chatr assume when you are on auto-pay, you stick with them forever. A friend of mine working in the mobile shop help me to get it solved.

There should be some kind of instruction/steps for different carrier.

It's all good now.

Doonerz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Lieux wrote:

What does that mean @smohring... hardware number vs an account number???

I think @smohring is referring to the information that is mandatory for filling in while asking for a port. I read in the forums that the hardware number (maybe IMEI is what he is referring to) is not the best info to give for a port. Not sure exactly but I only gave account number and the port was almost instantaneous. 

ArthurL

I have the same problem.

I was porting from Chatr to PM since late Thursday night (Jan 31). I can call out and receive some text from new SIM but all incoming voice and some text go to old SIM. I can call out from both SIMs. It's kind of trouble some to carry to phones. Smiley Frustrated

What does that mean @smohring... hardware number vs an account number???

smohring

thank you! I will wait to be contacted. from searches on the forum I think perhaps the fact that I used a hardware number vs an account number might have contributed to the delay? I have that now, I don't know if they could push through with the additional information/confirmation?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Hello @smohring

The help of moderator will be here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage

The port of your number seems to be not finished...keep your phone with bell until is finished...it could take few hours or 2 days...it depends on Bell...

Need Help? Let's chat.