cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over charged for SIM card

banditbalz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

PROBLEM SOLVED... Thank you to the Community and Moderators!!

I am not a customer as of yet and I already have a complaint...

I ordered a Triple Punch SIM card from the website for $10 + $1.30 taxes. Shipping was confirmed as being free.

The SIM card has not arrived (it has only been 4 work days) but my Mastercard bill has shown up and I was charged $36.11 by Public Mobile.

Is there an explanation for the 320% overcharge?

I really hope this is not a sign of what to expect from Public Mobility.

7 REPLIES 7

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @banditbalz 

Can you please check your order first, I almost offered two as I first out it in my cart, them decided to think about it a bit more than thought I would wait for the free one, then saw they have a promo do decided to go ahead with the purchase and clicked to add it to my cart. I did catch it before paying. So first make sure you didn't order 3.

If you did, maybe it is not sent out yet and you will be able to correct it.

If the charge is just blunt incorrect just contact moderators about it, they will return the money

Either way you will have to talk to them

Don't worry is not the end of the world of you do end up with extra 2, I now have one in my desk, you will end up sharing/selling/using them. It's really handy during good promotions as stores run out of them

Welcome to Public Mobile

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@banditbalz...it'll be interesting to know what happened so please let us know when and how this one is resolved.

Double check with the cc that it was an actual Public Mobile charge. None of the costs align with what you paid so please let us know in case it ever occurs again.

Once you do receive the sim card, we can help you get set up.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@banditbalz wrote:

I ordered a Triple Punch SIM card from the website for $10 + $1.30 taxes. Shipping was confirmed as being free.

The SIM card has not arrived (it has only been 4 work days) but my Mastercard bill has shown up and I was charged $36.11 by Public Mobile.

That is strange, I would look at your order with Public first scan through it to make sure you had not ordered more then you thought. Second, contact the moderators to check over your order. Did you order it from the Public Mobile website? I know that sometimes the approved charge and the actual charge can be different. Where I ordered groceries from the superstore and the pre-approved charge came in 3x what I paid. Then two days later the actual approved charge came through. Contact your credit card provider and see if this is the case.

Moderators: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@banditbalz  Are you sure that charge is from Public Mobile?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@banditbalz 

Wow... I'm trying to figure out the math on that one. It's not even 3× $10 Sims. What does your emailed reciept say?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@banditbalz wrote:

Sounds like the sim card was activated including a plan. Did you request activation when you bought it ?

EDIT, did you order from Public Mobile or an on-line reseller ?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@banditbalz wrote:

Contact a moderator for assistance with the cc charges.

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Need Help? Let's chat.