cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

online activation failed :(

canadave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I already PM'ed the mods, but while waiting for an answer, figured I'd ask here.

I just got my SIM card and tried to activate online. I got through the various stages of the "wizard", entered my SIM card number, chose a new phone number, etc. On the very last activation screen, after I pressed submit, after a LONG delay where the page said "Processing.....", I got a "Generic Error" page that suggested logging out and clicking the Log In link. I clicked that, and it took me back to the first online activation screen to enter the SIM card number again. When I tried doing that, it said the SIM was still kind of locked or something and to wait 50 minutes. As of now, nothing works, I can't log in using the account username/password I created, it doesn't recognize the phone number I picked, nothing works.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

canadave

OK, I tried again, used an incognito Chrome window rather than a regular Firefox window, and.....it worked!!!

Thanks everybody. Really thrilled to finally be part of the PM community.

Agree with above.  

You can re-try activation again while you wait for the moderator.  There is no harm in trying again.  Try the hints as described above....

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@canadave wrote:

Just checked credit card online. No charge went through. Crap 😞

Now I'm torn whether to wait for the mods to respond to my query, or just to try again.

Put your PM SIM card in your phone.  Is "Public Mobile" show up on your phone screem?

If no, you SIM card was not activated.

If you do not see a pending charge to your credit card, restart your browser and activate your SIM card again.

canadave

Just checked credit card online. No charge went through. Crap 😞

Now I'm torn whether to wait for the mods to respond to my query, or just to try again.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@canadave

You could try again with a different web browser, clearing cache or going into incognito/privacy mode.  The website can be finicky.  You could wait 1 hour in between attempts.  

If you used credit card, maybe check your online statement to check if you were charged.  It is possible that your phone will activate in the next 30-60 minutes also.  Keep trying your phone.

canadave

I can try again in an hour...I'm kind of choked though if I can't choose the same number, it was a really good one. 

The answers to all your other questions are "no".

Anonymous
Not applicable

@canadave, I would wait about an hour, and try again.  in the meantime, are you able to log in to self serve account?  Does it show an active plan?  Also, are you able to make (receive) calls using the new SIM?

Need Help? Let's chat.