cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

# numbers

Suemush
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cant call 730am radio with their #730 number. I was able to with Fido.

20 REPLIES 20

@hTideGnow wrote:

@dabr  this is the time we are happy to have PM..    NO EXTRA charges..  test as many times as you like.. lol

@hTideGnow   Lol...maybe I should retry that short code with PM and see if the call gets deducted from the international mins?   Although I don't quite remember which country I was charged for that time...I'm sort of remembering Indonesia or Malaysia so it won't get through if not on the list!

@dabr  this is the time we are happy to have PM..    NO EXTRA charges..  test as many times as you like.. lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : 8UV1 or some such thing.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hTideGnow 

...exactly what did you say when somebody picked up?  "Hi, I'm calling the Traffic Reporting line with no traffic to report?"  😶

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BlueB wrote:

@hTideGnow 

Depending on where you are in Ontario, there is ALWAYS traffic to report!!! 🤣

To add to the annoyances of shortcodes, some shortcodes/carriers actually have a fee (like #TAXI I think?) that's not well disclosed until you see it on your account.  Grrr.

Yeah, and some short codes can be mistaken for international calls.  Was charged several dollars for calling a local pizza place with the short code several years ago with a different carrier.  They refunded after troubleshooting what the call was...now I'll only use the full 1 800# instead.  😊

@Anonymous  you can't connect or no one pickup ? 

I called the first time, rang like 10 times and hung up, i thought it didn't work

Glad i didn't give up, tried 2nd time, and someone picked up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : Interesting. I guess listening area doesn't matter. But I can't connect with that number whereas you can. Oh well. Who knew AM radio stations were still in operation 🙂

lol it invites me to call *611 for customer care lol

BlueB

@hTideGnow 

Depending on where you are in Ontario, there is ALWAYS traffic to report!!! 🤣

To add to the annoyances of shortcodes, some shortcodes/carriers actually have a fee (like #TAXI I think?) that's not well disclosed until you see it on your account.  Grrr.

no.. I am in Ontario.. no idea of this station.. that's why i have no traffic to report.. 🤣

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : Are you in an over-the-air listening area of that radio station? (not online or Stingray)

yes, i hate those shortcodes, too.. they like to say Call #xxx on your mobile..

what they never say is .. Call #xxx on rogers, call #yyy on telus.. call #zzz on Bell,  and do not call if you are none of them..  🤣

BlueB

@Suemush 

Awseome!  If the full phone number works (quickdial shortcut) then that's just as good.  🙂

@Anonymous  Shortcodes are weird, like shortcuts on a computer- no matter what system, they can have unpredictable outcomes sometimes!  lol  Thanks for trying too for the OP!

@Suemush 

#730730 works.. but I have no traffic to report 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueB : Definitely interpretation things going on there....anywho...I tried *730, #730, *730730, #730730...none. I don't know where this is though so it could be a geographic restriction like toll-free's.

Suemush
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes it doesn't work and I tried 730730 and it neither works. But Thanks I will use their full phone number! I was trying to find it but couldn't. Thank you!

BlueB

The OP just said that #730 doesn't work @Anonymous... Can you confirm whether you've tried #730 and it works for you via Public Mobile?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

actually, did you meant to actually call AM730?

if #730 does not work.. maybe you can setup a contact on your phone with speed-dail key to 604-331-2844

Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact AM730

Traffic Tips: +1604-331-2844 or #730 on your cell phone

visit HERE 

i hope that help.

Good Luck

BlueB

@Suemush 

According to the Short List code from @hTideGnow, AM730 = 730730.  You might want to try 730730 (instead of #730) to see if that works!  🙂

These short codes are always weird to me... 😀

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Here is the list of Short codes supported by PM.  I think AM730 is there

What short codes are supported by Public Mobile? - Community

Need Help? Let's chat.