cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number porting

Twodee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

number still isn't ported, but trial number is "no longer in service". I believe I entered a Client ID in the account# field, so now I'm in limbo. Trying anew tells me that number can not be ported, initially I received a "successful number port" message (that was yesterday am).What do I need to do to get this phone working with the number from my other provider? (yes it's still active)

8 REPLIES 8

Twodee

My bad, I forgot about rebooting the phone all is well.

Twodee

I remember reading about restarting after the port NOW, but forgot then. thanks this did the trick!

@Luddite  I just tested it and I had to click on Contact Us and after that thete is a submit a ticket link.

@geopublic wrote:

To submit a ticket to the Public Moderator Team click here . Enter Submit Ticket and then click on the Contact Us button to access the Public Moderator Team Assistance form.

Hope this helps.

FYI: Check your directions as after clicking Submit Ticket one does not click Contact Us.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Twodee wrote:

number still isn't ported, but trial number is "no longer in service". I believe I entered a Client ID in the account# field, so now I'm in limbo. Trying anew tells me that number can not be ported, initially I received a "successful number port" message (that was yesterday am).What do I need to do to get this phone working with the number from my other provider? (yes it's still active)

Are you porting a mobile number or landline?

Porting mobile number may take up to 2 days.  Porting a lineline may take up to 1 week.

FYI:  Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.
Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.  If your old SIM card is still working, continue to use it until it stops working which is the indication that your port is completed.  Then, start using your PM SIM card.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Twodee  Provide the correct account number. 

To submit a ticket to the Public Moderator Team click here . Enter Submit Ticket and then click on the Contact Us button to access the Public Moderator Team Assistance form.

Hope this helps.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Twodee   start by restarting your phone.  If the ported number doesn't work  click here to send a message to the Moderator_Team https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

You can keep using your old Sim card if it still works until you hear back from the moderators and they fix the port!  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.