cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number port stuck in limbo, seems to be half complete

skeetlodge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Last week I ported my number from Fido to Public.

It seemed to work ok. I could make calls, receive texts everything was fine.

However I realized after a few days, anyone on the Rogers network couldn't contact me.

I contacted Fido, and they said that the port request timed out and was never completed, so my number is still active with them and my account is open.  They say there is no reason why they would have blocked it, it just wasn't completed from the Public side.

To test, I put my old Fido sim in, and sure enough, I can make outgoing calls using the number that was supposed to be ported to Public.

If I put my Public SIM back in, again, I can make outgoing calls from the number that I ported in (and that Fido still sees as being tied to my account with them).

So public thinks my number is active on the public network (and it is).

Fido thinks my number is active on the Rogers network (which it also seems to be).

Within one network, things work fine, but obviously people from the other network can't reach me.

How can I resolve this?

Fido said I need to contact Public to ask them what happened with the port.

Is there a way to contact Public other than this forum?

5 REPLIES 5

@skeetlodge

Make sure you reply YES within 90 minutes of receiving the PAT (porting authorization text). Once you do so you can put the pm sim card back in your phone. You port should complete within a few minutes or up to a maximum of two hours.

If you get a text  message from pm saying "Oops it looks like something has gone wrong" then call the porting department back dont wait for pm to "reach out to you". That won't happen. Y

Edit:

Lol....I thought I answered already but apparently it was autosaved at 1:26 am just not posted, Then I meant to hit cancel and hit post!!

@skeetlodge 

Glad to hear you finally completed your port.....Welcome to public mobile!

skeetlodge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone.  It seems the problem the first time was Fido never sent the confirmation text (or I just didn't receive it?)

I opened a ticket with public "csagent" and they were able to re-initiate the port and it worked right away on the 2nd attempt.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@skeetlodge 

If you missed this 90 minute window, submit a ticket via this link to re-initiate the port:

Link to contact Customer Support Agents (CSA) for porting to Public Mobile

Or

Check your Private INBOX messages, I have sent you the TELUS Porting phone number.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@skeetlodge 

Did you confirm the SMS text from Fido with the Fido SIM in your phone?

You need to confirm with YES to complete the porting before switching to PM SIM. You have a 90 minute window to confirm or your porting is not completed.

Contact the PM CS Agent to restart the porting process by click on the SIMon chat button and type in Create a Ticket and follow the prompts.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@skeetlodge 

Check the email icon top right corner. I will send you the Telus porting team number to call to reinitiate your port. Put Fido sim in your phone in to get the text from Fido to authorize your port after contacting Telus.

Need Help? Let's chat.