cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number port problem

Shane-Fisher
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i was activating a new account with PUBLIC mobile, with a NUMBER PORT from Koodo Mobile. During the activation the website gave an error message saying "oops something went wrong".  When we retried to activate, the website said the number was not portable even though in the 1st attempt we got past that stage.

i now have a new number but I NEED to get my previous number back as it's an important number that my medical team needs to reach me. 

This is a personal Emergency

9 REPLIES 9

pharaohpeter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Jb456I actually never received that private message!

Thanks for letting me know! 🙂

sush_b
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Definitely contact the moderators!  

I found Carlos to be very helpful and his response time was great (within the same day that I placed the ticket).  

RS27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You must create a new number if you're porting either Koodo or PC Mobile

Then when you finished activating you're sim card and account, contact the moderator team

here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They'll finish porting over your current number from Koodo with your temporary one.

@pharaohpeter wrote:

For porting problems, refer to these links:

- Telus phone number that does the porting for Public Mobile 1-866-558-2273

- how to contact a moderator for help

- private message the moderators 

I hope that your problem gets solved quickly! Good luck.

That phone number is not the number of the Telus porting department. It is that of regular Telus customer service. As for the actual porting centre phone number, Public Mobile has asked members not to give that out to others. 

Either way, since this port was never actually intitated, the porting department would not be able to help. They can only fix a porting issue for a port in progress, but cannot submit a new porting request.

@Shane-Fisher type "Port Request" into the subject message field. Give them the name on the account,  number to port and the previous provider account number.  Stay safe.  Send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@pharaohpeter  Public Mobile does not want the port number given out anymore. (Yes I know people can still search it).

They sent a mass private message to many a few days ago. Did you receive one??

If not it's ok here it is below.

Hello!
Thank you for providing our Community with your continuous support throughout your time here 😄
It has come to our attention that the Telus and Koodo porting center numbers have become public on Community boards. As much as we appreciate your commitment to helping other customers as fast as possible, please note that those numbers are for internal use only within the Public Mobile employees group. In case customers reach out for any inquiries regarding their ports please redirect them to the Moderator Team as this is the most efficient and time-saving option available.
Enjoy your day and stay safe!
Public Mobile Moderator Team

pharaohpeter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

For porting problems, refer to these links:

- Telus phone number that does the porting for Public Mobile 1-866-558-2273

- how to contact a moderator for help

- private message the moderators 

I hope that your problem gets solved quickly! Good luck.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Shane-Fisher 

contact the moderators immediatley click.on the question mark in the corner and type emergency lost number. Then type contact us. and open a ticket.

alternatively you can private message them they have been quick to respond recently. 

contact them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Shane-Fisher contact customer support here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

if you are porting from Telus or koodo you need to first choose a new number and then contact customer support to port your number over.

Need Help? Let's chat.