cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number not assigned

wesley1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My Wife Annie Pade just singed up and activated her phone with Public mobile. After she restarted her phone she could not recieve calls. When you try to call her number it says "number not assigned" she says she can dial out and she can text. What is this problem and how do we solve it?

10 REPLIES 10

frostbite

@slash407 wrote:

sounds like a port issue, it might take some time before its resolved fully, like 24 hrs

whole page of messages before you of people that already said it is porting issue

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you do this at a store with a public mobile booth?

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wesley1 Your wife will receive a text message when the porting completed. The maximum porting time is about 2 days.

@wesley1 wrote:

Hi Yes she did, but she did all this yesterday afternoon. She switched from rogers

I moved this thread from Phones and Hardware as this isn't a device issue but rather one about getting your service to start working properly after activation.

Since you are porting the number from Rogers, and calling that phone number results in a not in service message, was the telephone number active at Rogers when you made the request to transfer it to Public Mobile.

I am hoping that you never called Rogers up to cancel the service, because if you did, you can't transfer it to Public Mobile unless you first contact Rogers to first reactivate the service.

If you did not cancel your Rogers service, there is a problem, and honestly,  a port request from this afternoon should already be compelte.  Gather the information for the Rogers account number, phone number, and name of the Rogers account owner,  and then supply that to Public Mobile's moderators. That can be done by clicking this link:   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

wesley1

Ok thanks for the tips

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

1. It could take a bit of time before the number ports.

2. I would try hard rebooting (power off/on) the phone every couple of hours to see if it picks up the PM service.

3. In the meantime; I would private message a MOD to see if they can see that status of your port.  It maybe stuck in the process somewhere.

wesley1

ok thanks

@wesley1 wrote:

Hi Yes she did, but she did all this yesterday afternoon. She switched from rogers

Sounds like there's a hang-up with the porting process. Best if you send a private message to moderators to resolve. Give them as much info as you can. It may take up to 48 hours for them to address your concern so be patient.

Click here to message Moderators.

In the interim, keep using the Rogers sim until it quits working. When it stops working then try PM sim again.

wesley1

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@wesley1 wrote:

My Wife Annie Pade just singed up and activated her phone with Public mobile. After she restarted her phone she could not recieve calls. When you try to call her number it says "number not assigned" she says she can dial out and she can text. What is this problem and how do we solve it?

Did she port the number from a different cell provider ? That could take several hours to complete, if so.

Need Help? Let's chat.