cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number hasn't ported, service not active

paulfranc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

hello, could you please assist. I've activated my account last night and everything seems to appear on my account ok, but my number hasn't ported nor have I've recieved the welcome email. when i was activating the website came up with an error and i don't think it was completed properly. Could you please complete my activation for me and make sure my account is in good working order?

Thanks

Paul

23 REPLIES 23

aridShrub

I assumed you paid more for "no data" since they would not be able to charge you "overage" if you exceed the 500MB on the lowest plan. Do you know what the overage charge would be? Telus charges $20 for data overage; and you can get "unlimited" data for $15 a month; so it is a way to move their customers to a higher monthly plan. 

I was really surprised when I tried the various plans and it was actually cheaper to get 500MB than "no data" - I can see why they would do it from a business perspective. I am going to keep an eye on it; I had trained myself to keep the data switched off on the iPhone when not in use, but if I ever forget and leave it on, it will sometimes keep using cell phone data even when there is wifi. Apparently, this is an "iPhone" issue, not a carrier issue. Apple wants their carrier partners to sell unlimited data plans.

I love the "3g" data plan; my wife has an iPhone 4 (3g only device) - so we don't lose anything. I find I can't use "siri" unless I have data active - I use siri with my headset for cycling.

lakshmikanth

i ported my number . it happened Quickly

@paulfranc wrote:

Hey goldilock,

Thanks for the response.

I ported my Dad's line shortly after mine and it ported right away. We were both on the same account with Telus. I think it has something to do with the website error when i tried to activate. I have msged the moderator team ... patiently awaiting their response.

@paulfranc wrote:

Hey goldilock,

Thanks for the response.

I ported my Dad's line shortly after mine and it ported right away. We were both on the same account with Telus. I think it has something to do with the website error when i tried to activate. I have msged the moderator team ... patiently awaiting their response.

@aridShrubThanks for pointing that out! Looks like there is yet another bug to report! There used to be a phantom plan that allows people to have a ridiculously plan using the "Build your own plan"!

aridShrub

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 12.42.45 PM.png

aridShrub

You can get $35 if you select "500MB" 3g data! 

try it

paulfranc

mine is the primary number so all good in that sense.

@aridShrubI don't think the premade $35 plan includes unlimited US calls (only plans that is $50+).. You can have US Talk, text and no data for $45 via Build your own plan.

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 12.34.48 PM.png

The recommended information for the multiline ports is as follows:

1.  Use account number, and non-primary phone number first.  Also include Name on Account, ensuring authorized user checkbox is clicked first.  DO NOT specify IEI, PIN, or anything else, as IMEI may not be up to date, and the Account number is good enough.

2,  Once complete, proceed with step one again, using next non-primary account.  Repeat until primary account holder is the remaining line.

aridShrub

What carrier are you trying to port from? 

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@aridShrub wrote:

One would think they could send you a robot-message with an expected wait time. I sent them several messages; maybe I will receive punishment with a longer wait?

I did find an article in "what to include" with your request for assistance, although they should be able to glean that from your account.

We were mainly interested in the unlimited USA calling and text, $35 plan can do it, not bad? I might just port to koodoo at the end of the month. I had no idea you had to wait 3 days to get a response for service request, that would have been a non-starter.

Most of the times wait is not that long, but there are loads of issues these days I've seen lots of port problems ( usually port during signup, you can port after creating the account and taking temporarily number) and problems with the vouchers, lack of service too. I had very quick responses from them but that was just luck. 

For the several messages you will not be published i believe, but it can cause delay especially if more than one person starts dealing with your issue. It's best to write one long message instead with all the details and relevant information.

aridShrub

You could also supply the IMEI of the device, instead of your Telus account number, in the case where there are multiple subscribers that you want to port. Telus and publicmobile are the "same company" so the number port is almost instantaneous. 

If one of the devices didn't port, suggest you put the TELUS sim back in that device, you can still authenticate your accout with publicmobile using the text message reply [it will be sent to your phone number, which is still associated with Telus]. 

Put in your trouble ticket with the moderators, 72 hour wait time, maybe you get your account working by the weekend. what a crazy support model!

@paulfranc wrote:

Hey goldilock,

Thanks for the response.

@paulfranc  Which is the primary number on the Telus account yours or your Dad's. If it was your Dads you should have waited for your port to complete before setting his up. Check to make sure the Telus account is still active.

@aridShrub theres no 35$ plan with unlimited USA calling! 

aridShrub

One would think they could send you a robot-message with an expected wait time. I sent them several messages; maybe I will receive punishment with a longer wait?

I did find an article in "what to include" with your request for assistance, although they should be able to glean that from your account.

We were mainly interested in the unlimited USA calling and text, $35 plan can do it, not bad? I might just port to koodoo at the end of the month. I had no idea you had to wait 3 days to get a response for service request, that would have been a non-starter.

aridShrub

I also have two Telus numbers; one worked; the other didn't. I tried using my IMEI number instead of the Telus account number - since the Telus account number is the same for two different Public Mobile numbers. My SIM is now "invalid" meaning it is registered with the system, but the device is still active on Telus.

My wife's phone is great - she is happy. Apparently my other line is going to be on Telus for the rest of the week, 72 hours wait time seems incredible.

publicmobile is a Telus subsidiary, with similar customer support "values" (they don't have any).

paulfranc

Hey Shrub,

Everything looks like it activated ok when i log on to my account. all is good except for the fact my sim has no service. think i have no choice but to wait for the moderators.

Thanks for the reply

paulfranc

Hey goldilock,

Thanks for the response.

@goldilock  for a cell number port it's a maximum of 2 days to port, usually within 2 hours if all goes good.  House and VoIP phones can take up to 7 days.  I'd say if it's not working yet message the moderator_team because the wait can be 48 hours for them to reply 

aridShrub

If you are getting "generic" error; you can keep trying, make sure you supply the information on your current carrier if doing a number port. Make sure your phone is unlocked (call your current carrier and check) ; make sure you put in the publicmobile SIM card before you attempt activation. 

You have to keep re-entering all the information, condsider it typing practice. 72 hour wait time to get a moderator response you might as well keep banging on it.

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It takes at least 2 business days for the port to be complete. If you activated it last night, it's normally that it hasn't been ported yet, it takes at LEAST 2 business days but could take longer. It's also dependant on your current cell provider and when they will release the number for the port to be complete.  If it isn't ported by Friday, I suggest you send private message to a public mobile moderator here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

oglat

Most likely there was a problem with the port, it's been happening a lot recently. I referred a friend and suggested to first open an account and then do the porting. You are lucky that your account got created ok and you have access to it. Let's hope it resolves quickly:)

paulfranc

Hey Oglat,

Number is there on my account. Odd that it would take a few days as it is a mobile number not landline. I'll give my old sim a try for the time being. Sent the moderators a PM, thanks for the tip.

oglat

Hi

When you log in to your account what is your number there?

The port can take couple of days to complete

Are you able to use your old sim? If yes you should be using it until the port is complete, at that point it will stop functioning

Because of that error message i do suggest you contact moderators at https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They may take up to48 hours to respond, they will send you a verification link that you will have to click on and then it Is important that you respond to that message and confirm that verification is completed.

Need Help? Let's chat.