cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number deactivated

dcitguy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am out of the country (stuck due to COVID) however I have been keeping my number alive by making a payment every three months, as I intend to return to Canada when I can. Previously, Public Mobile sent me an email to remind me to do that, and I also have a Calendar reminder. However, BOTH these methods failed me in July when my payment was due - I did not receive an email, and for whatever reason, the Calendar reminder was missed (there were also two holidays that day, so perhaps in error I dismissed them along with the important one). So now my account has been deactivated and I am not happy about that. So much for relying on "automation"!  😞  mailto:

edited by computergeek541: e-mail address removed

16 REPLIES 16

dcitguy

done. in process...

@dcitguy 

If your number has not been reassigned then it's worth contacting customer support to see if retrieval of your number is possible. Especially if you received more than one email reminder as that creates expectation of it being a normal course of action. But don't delay as numbers can be released after 60 days in the holding pool.

dcitguy

Yeah. and that's irritating to "sometimes" get such an email. I would rather none at all than sometimes.

@Anonymous 

I have had one account get a reminder email once. It's very YMMV!

Screenshot_20210903-183440.png

dcitguy

well, what you have seen and what I experienced seem to be two different things. Here is the email I got in April: 

dcitguy_0-1630718665265.png

View in web browser.
Just a heads up...
Hi DAVID, it looks like your Public Mobile account has been suspended for a while.

We wanted to remind you that unless you make a payment, your account will be permanently deactivated in 3 days. That means you’ll lose your phone number and any Rewards you’ve earned.Click here to learn more.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dcitguy : I was saying what I have seen. I have not seen or heard of getting emails for account ending. So yes you would have been solely replying on your calendar...which is good. But alas...it failed you.

@dcitguy wrote:

PM

If the number was originally from PM.  Try to call the number, if you get some system message, likely it is still in the "Pool" and available.

Then open a ticket and discuss with PM.  Hopefully, you can reactivate your account with a new SIM and have PM to assign you back the number after activation.  Check with them to see if they have any magic.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dcitguy 

Sorry to hear about your situation. I think the PM system automatically deactivate your account after 90 days but it is worth a try contacting the PM CSAgent about your issues with payment.

dcitguy

PM

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Likely you won't be able to get the number back as it was July, almost 2 months ago

Where was the number originally?  Was it a PM number or was it ported from another provider?

dcitguy

thanks.

dcitguy

not texts...EMAIL! I am out of the country and do not have the SIM in my phone!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dcitguy : I've seen texts for about to expire. I've heard of texts for autopay after failure. But I've not heard of texts approaching deactivation before 90 days.

dcitguy

No, it's not their fault, however yes they did send me a reminder email the three months prior, so one would think that they'd do that again, but no.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dcitguy : Yeah it sucks. It sounds like you did all you could but then your own calendar failed you. I'm not sure the company can do anything for you. It's kinda not their fault.

Are you saying you get a text when your suspended account is about to be deactivated?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dcitguy 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

Need Help? Let's chat.