cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not working ;-(

Jayphone2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just got my new sim card. I know that my phone is comptatible SamsungA20. I followed the steps but for some reasons I can't make phone calls it says not registered on network and if someone try to call me it goes automatically to my voice mail? please help 😉

15 REPLIES 15

@Jayphone2 

Did you port your number over when you activated your account????????

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jayphone2 

Moderator Team will Response by private message to you
- Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

@Jayphone2 wrote:

It's a brand new sim card. I followed the steps to activate it on activate.publicmobile.ca 

@Jayphone2 

While waiting for a Moderator to respond, here are some typical networking trouble shooting to always check when no service is showing on your device:

• Reboot your phone (already mentioned)
  • Remove and reinsert your SIM (already mentioned)
  • Do a RESET of your Network Settings with the Public Mobile SIM card inside the device
  • Is your device locked to it's previous provider? If so, contact them to unlock it for you.
  • Check to ensure your phone is not blacklisted:  https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Try your SIM into another compatible Public Mobile device to see if you have any services. (already suggested).

@Jayphone2 

Happy to hear you know how to contact a moderator however you do need to know what your actual issue is so the moderators can solve your issue for you. Knowing how to contact them is why we have a chatbot. 

Make sure you ask the moderators to reprovision the sim card and reset the account so that both "sides" of the sim card are communicating with both your phone and with pm's network.

@Jayphone2 

Then your sim card did not provision properly upon activation. This has been an issue lately. Put "sim not provisioned upon activation" in the subject line or with simon and type "human" to submit a ticket or....

Send a private message...   Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jayphone2

no I chose a brand new number during the activation process

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jayphone2 

also can you test your SIM card for another device to check it out is the issue with device or SIM network, you know

are you activate your new line or transfer old number !!

Jayphone2

It's a brand new sim card. I followed the steps to activate it on activate.publicmobile.ca 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jayphone2 

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

Jayphone2

I just did all of that and still the same ;-(

@darlicious wrote:

@Jayphone2 

Did you just port in? If so did you reply YES to the porting authorization text within 90 min of recieving it on your old providers sim card?

That message indicates a sim card issue....did you do a sim swap in your account? Power off your phone. Remove the sim card. Wait 10 min.  Check that the sim card and sim slot are clean and free of debris. If possible put your sim in another phone to see if it works. Reseat the sim card. Make sure it fits snugly in the sim slot. Reboot. Do you get the same message? If so check if public mobile shows up as your mobile network? Try a network reset.Still nothing?

If so....the sim card has not provisioned correctly. You will need to contact the moderators to reprovision the sim card for you.

If you did swap sim cards what was the reason?

@Jayphone2 the above is your BEST information. I highly recommend @darlicious 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jayphone2 

Did you just port in? If so did you reply YES to the porting authorization text within 90 min of recieving it on your old providers sim card?

That message indicates a sim card issue....did you do a sim swap in your account? Power off your phone. Remove the sim card. Wait 10 min.  Check that the sim card and sim slot are clean and free of debris. If possible put your sim in another phone to see if it works. Reseat the sim card. Make sure it fits snugly in the sim slot. Reboot. Do you get the same message? If so check if public mobile shows up as your mobile network? Try a network reset.Still nothing?

If so....the sim card has not provisioned correctly. You will need to contact the moderators to reprovision the sim card for you.

If you did swap sim cards what was the reason?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Jayphone2 wrote:

I just got my new sim card. I know that my phone is comptatible SamsungA20. I followed the steps but for some reasons I can't make phone calls it says not registered on network and if someone try to call me it goes automatically to my voice mail? please help 😉

Before you follow the "laundry list". Did recently port your number into Public Mobile?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jayphone2 

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit HERE 

or HERE 

for android visit HERE ,

if you still not working do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Need Help? Let's chat.