cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving text messages

elhota1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Someone had sent me a text message on April 17th .   I only received the message today, April 26th.  On two other instances, two different people had sent me text messages on April 22nd.  Again, I only received those messages today.  And this morning, I received an email from someone saying that they had texted me.  I never received the text.   I receive some texts in a timely matter.  However, I do not receive others until many days later.

Why is this happening? 

4 REPLIES 4

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What kind of phone / app are you using for texts? Do you use any external apps (e.g. fb Messenger) to receive texts, or the native apps that your phone has?If you still can’t figure out,Just sent PM to moderator work on your issue. Good luck.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Are you using an app or using regular text messaging ?  You could try to back up your info and do a factory reset, 

mister
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

They likely gave you somebody else phone number like they did me, now all my calls and text go to some lady on Bell service.

@elhota1 wrote:

Someone had sent me a text message on April 17th .   I only received the message today, April 26th.  On two other instances, two different people had sent me text messages on April 22nd.  Again, I only received those messages today.  And this morning, I received an email from someone saying that they had texted me.  I never received the text.   I receive some texts in a timely matter.  However, I do not receive others until many days later.

Why is this happening? 

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Its possible its a cell tower issue in your area. If so, it would also be affecting Telus customers.

Need Help? Let's chat.