cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving calls or texts

Chargracex
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased my SIM card in Vancouver . I now live in Banff Alberta and my phone does not revive calls or texts. Sometimes it will but 99 percent of the time it won’t. Help please 

8 REPLIES 8

ilikepm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

To help with porting, this may help you: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-do-I-move-my-cell-phone-number-to...

To help with coverage: either try another cell phone with the same SIM card or ask around for how Telus/Koodo coverage is in the area. Since PM uses the same network, coverage should be similar.

Hope this helps! 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Cell coverage can be spotty in the mountains but telus (the network pm uses)has excellent coverage in Banff and connecting highways. What kind of phone do you have?

@Chargracex wrote:

I purchased my SIM card in Vancouver . I now live in Banff Alberta and my phone does not revive calls or texts. Sometimes it will but 99 percent of the time it won’t. Help please 

I'm also wondering if there is signal where you are in Banff but that it's very weak. Can you try a different phone? Some have a slightly better antenna than others.  Also, try the sevice in different places. If it's fine elsewhere, you'll have to draw a conclusion.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

As long as there is coveage, the noted behavior doesn't make any sense.  Is there anything that doesn't look right in the self serve account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chargracex wrote:

What does port mean? Sorry... I don’t think I did 

it sometimes does work like I was in the bank the other day and I received a sms but that’s like been the only time 

Port = Transfer

Moving ones phone number from a previous provider to a new provider.

Chargracex
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What does port mean? Sorry... I don’t think I did 

it sometimes does work like I was in the bank the other day and I received a sms but that’s like been the only time 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ChargracexLocation of where you purchase the SIM card doesn't matter. However where you are might, ie within range of towers etc. I would suggest try swapping your SIM card to another phone to try to narrow down whether it is a phone problem or a Public Mobile problem first. Then further diagnose if you find it is indeed a Public Mobile problem.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hmm, did you port your number from another provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.