cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not getting a new number

vatisay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Been trying to activate an account keep running into problems on second page. Have in RED across the top of page "OnlineActivation/PhoneNumber/LoadErrorMessage" which i don't think is good. If i click the port number box and then go back to new number receive a drop down box for selecting an area code with nothing in it.  Can't type any #'s in also and won't let me pass this page.  Full disclosure attempted originally on Friday same problem except after muptiple trys receive new message of Invalid Sim # so gave up and hope was to many attempts.  Back to my original problem today. Any advive to help would be appreciated. 

Thank You

8 REPLIES 8

@vatisay  try clearing your browser history,  got to incognito/ private mode and try to create your account again. If you get to the add autopay credit card. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address. Also leave out any spaces when entering your postal code. Good luck.

Hi @vatisay 

Can you clear out cashe and try in incognito mode. 

It is possible that they run out of numbers for a city, I've seen that once, on that case try tomorrow morning, they seem to repopulate the numbers early mornings.

@vatisay wrote:

Tks for the replies problem isn't porting old number pretty sure can do want a new number and not giving me one.

Have you tried using your browser in Incognito or private browsing mode?  What browser are you using?  Have you tried others?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Can you try changing the province and the exchange until you get something non empty?

Will you be porting the number?

If yes I would suggest picking provinces until you get anything and activating with that number. Then contacting moderators to help you port.

If not, I would suggest trying later again

Note that the sim may be locked into a session for an hour, don't freak out if you get that message too.

Welcome to public mobile,and sorry for the bumpy start, it's just the luck that they have decided to start it today

vatisay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tks for the replies problem isn't porting old number pretty sure can do want a new number and not giving me one.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13  just checked. Yes there is a message for port.

Screenshot_20200308_150846.jpg

No message selecting new number so I guess that's ok.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@vatisay wrote:

Been trying to activate an account keep running into problems on second page. Have in RED across the top of page "OnlineActivation/PhoneNumber/LoadErrorMessage" which i don't think is good. If i click the port number box and then go back to new number receive a drop down box for selecting an area code with nothing in it.  Can't type any #'s in also and won't let me pass this page.  Full disclosure attempted originally on Friday same problem except after muptiple trys receive new message of Invalid Sim # so gave up and hope was to many attempts.  Back to my original problem today. Any advive to help would be appreciated. 

Thank You

@vatisay   If you have trying since last Friday and still getting errors, it might be time to ask for moderators help via SIMon here: Edit: use this link: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type your issue, select contact us/moderators, then submit ticket when these options appear and follow the rest of the prompts to finish.

Also when retrying did you clear your cache/cookies, use a different browser with incognito/private mode?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@vatisay wrote:

Thank You

Is there no message in the self-serve mentioning the maintenance?  This is a message we got in our weekly updates.

Update to Porting through Self Serve

Starting today (March 8th) we will be doing some maintenance on the self-serve portal which will mean that customers will not be able to submit a port request through self-serve. For the time being, users will be able to port their numbers either during activation through the activation portal or afterward by contacting a moderator. There will be a message in self-serve directing people to a moderator along with instructions on how to contact them.

Contact the moderators through SIMon (the "?") in the bottom right hand portion of the screen

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.