cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not connecting to network

bottlenose13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

just switched to public mobile live on Canada/USA border and phone will only connect to USA not public mobile in Canada. Have tried turning off automatic connection, network and still thinks I am in USA.

7 REPLIES 7

@dabr I understand that but most aren't using flip phones. Most are using Android and telling members to disable roaming will make most of them look for a non existent setting.

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@dabr Phones have setting to disable data roaming, not usually all roaming. Manual network didn't work either, so something else is wrong.

@cellphoneuser1   OP didn't say what kind of phone he has or updated his thread since yesterday with any additional information, so it's a bit difficult to know why he's unable to connect to PM but keeps connecting to the US towers.  

I suggested turning off roaming based upon one household phone (flip phone) that would always get the welcome to US text and suddenly switch over to T-Mobile whenever we were sort of too close to the US border but this never happened with the smart phone.  I finally realized that maybe the roaming wasn't disabled and since disabling it seemed to solve that issue.

On a unrelated note, that flip phone was recently replaced with a smart phone and for the first time since activation (just over 20 months) a warning text was received from PM alerting about only having 10 mins left on the account.   As this account has gone over the plan mins several times before but never once received that heads up text, I thought it was interesting and thought it might because of the flip phone, although it doesn't make an awful lot of sense because the flip phone received all the other texts from PM regarding payment due etc.  However, don't really know and it wasn't a big deal because we always have the back up mins for that account.

@dabr Phones have setting to disable data roaming, not usually all roaming. Manual network didn't work either, so something else is wrong.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Is the Telus signal in Canada strong enough to connect to? 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@bottlenose13 wrote:

just switched to public mobile live on Canada/USA border and phone will only connect to USA not public mobile in Canada. Have tried turning off automatic connection, network and still thinks I am in USA.

@bottlenose13   Do you have roaming enabled on your phone?  If it is switch it off.

bottlenose13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried that  it will still not connect

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bottlenose13 wrote:

If you do a manual scan for networks you should see Public Mobile. Select it and keep the automatic off if it's a toggle.

Need Help? Let's chat.