cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not connecting to network

comgarry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

when I try to dial out it says not connecting to network. It says i am paid up what is happening?
I couldn't make sense of published answers

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JasonTribble wrote:

Restart you phone again if that don't work go to the APN settings on your phone and manually put in the APN information that you can find on the internet just google "APN for Public Mobile" and then restart again 

@JasonTribble FYI: while @comgarry may or may not be having data issues (wasn't noted in his posting), he did specifically say he wasn't able to dial out.  APN settings only affect data connections (and thus MMS messages as well).  No amount of APN setting changes can fix issues with the talk service.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

JasonTribble
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Restart you phone again if that don't work go to the APN settings on your phone and manually put in the APN information that you can find on the internet just google "APN for Public Mobile" and then restart again 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@comgarry wrote:

when I try to dial out it says not connecting to network. It says i am paid up what is happening?

If you're on the $10 or $15 plans then maybe you've used up your minutes. "Not connecting" is odd but maybe.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try the lost phone trick to reset your account.

To report your phone stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-onstab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  if you still have problems then try contacting a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kellykellz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What type of phone do you have? Are you new to Public?

If this is not a new plan activation:

Have you tired turning the phone off and back on?

If that doesn't work try turning your cellullar connection off and back on as it may just need to be reset. 

If it is a new plan activation:

Ensure that you have your phone set to automatic network selection, perhaps it is set to manual right now?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@comgarry , is your phone actually not connected to the network?  What phone are you using? 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@comgarry wrote:

@comgarry  What plan are you on? When you dial 611 what happens?

Need Help? Let's chat.