cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service

bill6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my sim card but the phone says no service.  Phone is compatible and unlocked.  What do i have to do in settings?  It's an iPhone4

28 REPLIES 28

@michouden wrote:

@hTideGnow - I have now submitted three tickets within 24hrs... someone initially responded to the first one but noted that they responded to me by mistake and then stopped replying to me.

just reply the messages again and ask for update and that helps ... 

@michouden 

Officially, CSAs have up to 48 hours to respond, but the wait times have not been too bad recently.  Usually, within a few hours, but may be busier that last couple of days  CSAs don't work overnight.  CSAs are PM employees who have access to accounts and technical teams, etc. Try to give CSA a chance to fix your problem.  

Not sure whether you tried connecting to your iPhone to your desktop/labtop via iTunes?  Sometimes that triggers something to help iPhones work.  

michouden
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@hTideGnow - I have now submitted three tickets within 24hrs... someone initially responded to the first one but noted that they responded to me by mistake and then stopped replying to me.

Another thing, did you try to go to Apple Store?  maybe they can assist

Also, did you try to connect your phone to a machine and use iTune to download all the update and Carrier profile?

Try this to get to ticket opening quicker when you are using Chatbot:

type: "No Service"
click "can't connect with network
click "Continue"

Click "iPhone"
click "Contac t Us"
Click "Click here to submit a ticket"

you will then direct to another page to open ticket.
There, you will be prompted to enter COMMUNITY Login (NOT My Account/Self-Serve) to validate your identity,

After ticket successfully opened, keep checking your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right)  CS Agent will communicate with you there

@michouden wrote:

@Dunkman 

I activated a new number. We have verified and the phone is not blacklisted nor locked. I have literally tried every single tip and suggestion made on this Community page.

I have left it overnight, turned it on and off, turned on and off airplane mode.. triple checked the sim card number on the account with the sim card itself... it simply WON'T work.

Unfortunately, I will have to report and cancel this plan for one with another carrier.

@michouden 

Just to clarify, you also tried the PM Sim card in other working phones?  Correct? Still not working.

What did the customer service agent say to you?  What about the 2nd message that you sent?

@michouden 

How long you have opened the ticket with PM?  did anyone from PM reply you ? did you check your envelope icon on the top right? hTideGnow_1-1626022389479.png   That is where PM will response your message and work with you.

If you have opened ticket more than 48 hours,  you might need to reopen another one.  Or it is not a bad idea to just re-open a new one

can you try to open ticket with PM 

@michouden wrote:

@Dunkman 

I activated a new number. We have verified and the phone is not blacklisted nor locked. I have literally tried every single tip and suggestion made on this Community page.

I have left it overnight, turned it on and off, turned on and off airplane mode.. triple checked the sim card number on the account with the sim card itself... it simply WON'T work.

Unfortunately, I will have to report and cancel this plan for one with another carrier.

You said you've tried every suggestions, including a Hard Reset?

michouden

@Dunkman 

michouden

@t_p - I have rebooted 100 times! It just simply is not working.

I cannot get any help through the ticket I sent... it seems I will have to report and cancel this plan.

@michouden wrote:

@Anonymous 

The phone is an iPhone 11 Pro. We have tried functioning sim cards in it and those work. But the PUBLIC sim card does not work in any of our phones.

As we have changed the sim card, we have used the "change sim card" function and the correct sim card is registered but no, my account number has not changed.

PLEASE HELP!

After rebooting the phone, is your service back to normal now?

@michouden 

Did you activate with a new phone number?  Or port over a number?

It looks like that you tried the SIM card in another working phone? if the SIM card does not work in different phones, it is a PM service issue and you will need customer service agent help.

Is it possible that you phone is locked to previous carrier? 

Or even blacklisted on the national registry?

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

michouden

@Anonymous 

The phone is an iPhone 11 Pro. We have tried functioning sim cards in it and those work. But the PUBLIC sim card does not work in any of our phones.

As we have changed the sim card, we have used the "change sim card" function and the correct sim card is registered but no, my account number has not changed.

PLEASE HELP!

@michouden wrote:

Unfortunately, this is not working for me.. 

I cannot get a hold of PUBLIC customer service... this is the worst experience I've had with a mobility provider!!

This discussion was about an iPhone device that was locked to another carrier.  If you're trying to use your iPhone device on Public Mobile but you're seeing the same error message as the other member in this thread was, you need to contact the carrier that the device is locked to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@michouden : What make/model/submodel phone? Where did it used to work?

Edit: And the last 4 digits showing on your account match the physical SIM card in the phone?

michouden

And, YES - we adjusted the SIM card numbers on my account!

michouden

At the PUBLIC vendor, the owner has your SIM cards on hand... at first we thought the card was defective but we tried a new one that he had at the store... same issue... then a third and SAME problem. I'm very tech-savvy and this is complete garbage!!

@michouden wrote:

Hello,

I successfully registered for a phone plan earlier and linked a sim card purchased at one of your vendor locations. The sim card is not giving any phone service. We have tried three different sim cards and we still don't get service from the sim card.

Money has already been taken from my credit card for this plan but it doesn't work.

I put the card in over 5hrs ago and have been turning the phone on and off and airplane mode on and off....

SOOO frustrated 😞

What do you mean by trying  3 different SIM cards? Did you go into self service and choose Change Sim Card? Did you try to activate again with the same email address with the different SIM cards. 

michouden

Hello,

I successfully registered for a phone plan earlier and linked a sim card purchased at one of your vendor locations. The sim card is not giving any phone service. We have tried three different sim cards and we still don't get service from the sim card.

Money has already been taken from my credit card for this plan but it doesn't work.

I put the card in over 5hrs ago and have been turning the phone on and off and airplane mode on and off....

SOOO frustrated 😞

michouden

I have tried every single suggestion I could find. I even brought the phone and SIM card to a PUBLIC vendor and the owner could not understand why it wasn't working on ANY of our phones. My account has been checked and is active. I have sent a private message and received a response that apparently "wasn't for me" with no further response. Then I submitted another ticket and still haven't been assisted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@michouden : There's no getting a hold of anybody here. It's all online via typing. Did you submit a ticket? Did you send a private message?

Have you tried all the ideas you found in this thread? Restart phone, try SIM in another phone, is your account Active?

@michouden wrote:

I cannot get a hold of PUBLIC customer service... this is the worst experience I've had with a mobility provider!!

To reach a CSA choose chat bubble in lower right hand corner.

What issues are you having maybe we can assist you?

michouden

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yeah hairbag1 is right. If you can, put your new Public SIM into another unlocked phone to check if it works, if it works then you know the problem is your iPhone4. Then you'll have to find out which phone company your iPhone was with before, then call that company to find out how to unlock it.

@bill6 wrote:

iTunes said, " The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone "

Sounds like your i4 is locked to a previous network. You'd have to have that taken care of first.

bill6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

iTunes said, " The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone "

@bill6 wrote:

I activated my sim card but the phone says no service.  Phone is compatible and unlocked.  What do i have to do in settings?  It's an iPhone4

iPhone 4 is running older iOS and does not allow device activation with the Apple server on its own. The device must be connected to a computer and iTunes launched to complete the Apple activation process. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @bill6 

Try the following troubleshooter:

1. Make sure airplane mode is off
  2. Power OFF your device, wait 1 minute, turn on and check for signal bars
  3. Check on account self-serve that your account status is Active
  4. While on self-serve, check that SIM card number under “Change Sim card” matches the SIM card number in your phone
  5. Make sure you’re in a covered area and there are no cellular outages
  6. Change wifi calling preferences to Cellular Preferred or Cellular Only
  7. Set network mode to Auto
  8. Reset network settings
  9. Update device software to latest version
  10. Perform a manual network selection

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

.. how long you have activated the account?  Activation was a bit slow last couple days.. some people activated this week took as much as 4 hours

Also, make sure your SIM is inserted properly.  You might want to reboot your device every 15 mins  

Need Help? Let's chat.