cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service on samsung sm-g930w8

aster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up to the $25 plan at the end of July and the employee activated my phone with the new sim card.  When I send a text it says no signal found for mobile networks.  It won't send calls either.  My phone is unlocked so I'm not sure what the problem is.  It's had no service for a couple weeks.   Any help would be appreciated 🙂

7 REPLIES 7

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@aster wrote:

@NDesai I tried the public mobile sim card in another phone and it worked fine yet it doesn't work on my phone so that made me wonder if it was an issue with my phone.  But then I put my freedom mobile sim card into my phone and it works fine.  I'm confused why public mobile sim doesn't work yet freedom sim does.  again I checked with my local cell shop and they say my phone is unlocked

Since we know it's a phone issue, Which means there is nothing that Public Mobile can do for you & you are say your phone is unlocked so do a master reset on the phone. 

aster

@NDesai I tried the public mobile sim card in another phone and it worked fine yet it doesn't work on my phone so that made me wonder if it was an issue with my phone.  But then I put my freedom mobile sim card into my phone and it works fine.  I'm confused why public mobile sim doesn't work yet freedom sim does.  again I checked with my local cell shop and they say my phone is unlocked

GR
Mayor / Maire

@aster  you should try your sim card in a different phone just to rule out your phone and if it doesn't work send a message to the Moderator_Team 

aster

@NDesai yes, my sim card seems to not be working since I activated at the store.  Before public mobile I was with Freedom and everything worked fine with that sim card.  I took my phone to a cell shop to make sure it was unlocked and they said it was.  I can't create an account because it needs my phone number to send a verification code which I don't have cause the it can't connect to a mobile network.  I took out my sim card to check if it was in right and it is.  

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Is it possible that there is an issue with the APN settings?

This is what mine look like:

APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Where did you get the phone... It really sounds like the phone is locked to previous cell provider. Try the sim in a different unlocked phone.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@aster  So the sim card did not work since you activated at the store? If yes, log into your account and check the status of your account. If you do not have access to an account since you activated at the store, you need to create an account here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Once you verify the status of your account, troubleshoot the issue on your phone such as verify its unlocked or try any other sim card or try the pm sim card in any other unlocked phone to see if it works. 

Need Help? Let's chat.