cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no ringy dingy

alpine1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

have phone 3 months now.when i call my cell ph from my house ph my cell does not ring an the call is sent directly to voice mail.  Y!

8 REPLIES 8

Puddy905
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can you call your cell from your home phone? 
If not, it’s a service problem. 

You can also add your home phone to your favourites in your cell contacts and sometimes that will bypass any blocks. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@alpine1 wrote:

have phone 3 months now.when i call my cell ph from my house ph my cell does not ring an the call is sent directly to voice mail.  Y!

@alpine1   You could also, if you have access to another phone, try your SIM in the other phone to rule out problems with your phone.  Perhaps, just removing and reinserting the SIM in your phone might help. 

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is there any chance you have bad reception at your house? If a call can't get through to you because you have no reception, it will go straight through to voicemail.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you call couple of times will it eventually get through?

If that's the case you have dnd on

If not, check your forwarding settings or if you are in airplane mode it is you blocked your home number by accident

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@alpine1  Go into your dialer app settings and make sure your not blocking your landline number. If it's on the blocked number list just remove it and try calling again.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@alpine1 does tthis happen only with your house phone? Everywhere? Can you call receive calls from your home phone when out? Thanks.

Ringer inadvertently turned off or right down in volume?

No ring tone selected?

Try answering your phone when you call it even though it isn’t ringing to establish that everything else works.

Speaking of everything else working....does it? Out calls, data? Text?

Are you on the edge of the service area or do you have a great signal?

AE_Collector

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@alpine1 , check your phone settings.  Has your phone been set to block a particular number?  

Need Help? Let's chat.