cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no phone service only wifi

williamharding
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed my husband up for Public on June 12, thinking it might take a bit of time to connect to this service. It still hasn't connected although his phone says he's connected to the Public mobility network in the cellular settings. How do I get the phone activated?

8 REPLIES 8

williamharding

Taking the sim card out and reinstalling it worked. Thankyou!!!!!

williamharding

Texting on wifi only

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@williamharding wrote:

I signed my husband up for Public on June 12, thinking it might take a bit of time to connect to this service. It still hasn't connected although his phone says he's connected to the Public mobility network in the cellular settings. How do I get the phone activated?

@williamharding  Once you activate the Public Mobile SIM card, then service should be immediate. What happens when you dial 611 does it report  a balance?

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@williamharding 

That is a really long time for it still not being connected. 

I would pull the SIM card from the phone after you turn it off. Then put the card back in and turn it back on. If that does not work, put it in airplane mode and try again. 

You may need to do a full network reset to get everything up and running again. 

Try airplane mode for a few minutes then turn it off airplane mode as well. 

Are you sure the phone si compatible with the Public mobile network?

Lastly is you still can not figure it out go to the question mark in the corner and type not connected to network.

You can also click the link here:

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

[Solution highlighted ..... Luddite]

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 4.42.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 4.43.16 PM.png

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@williamharding 

• What plan did you purchase? Has your credit card been charged?
  • What is make/model of his phone?
  • What message do you see on the phone when you reboot with the PM SIM installed?
  • What message do you hear when dialing 611?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@williamharding whats the make and model of your husband's  phone? Thanks. Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@williamharding  no phone calls or texts will come in or out?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@williamharding from what provider did you port his number from? can you check his self serve account and see if the number is correct and the service is active

Need Help? Let's chat.