cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Debster119
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: no internet

yes has been working great with other providers..

maybe i need to take the SIM out & re add it again?

softech
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

APN settings not being set wouldn't preent the connection to the cellular network  APN settings also wouldn't affect phone calls or text messages.

@computergeek541   OP's voice service seems to be working .. if just data not working, isn't that APN  (unless OP disabled Mobile Data..)

t_p
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Debster119 wrote:

yes has been working great with other providers..

maybe i need to take the SIM out & re add it again?

You can try to reseat SIM card.

Try also 3G network to see if it makes any differences.

BKNS27
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Debster119 

Looks like you are the second person with internet connection issues.

Maybe your internet is down. Please check your modem to see if all the lights are on and check to see if your internet is working on your desktop or laptop to see if if it is working.

Our internet was down for 4 hours a month ago.

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

APN settings not being set wouldn't preent the connection to the cellular network  APN settings also wouldn't affect phone calls or text messages.

@computergeek541   OP's voice service seems to be working .. if just data not working, isn't that APN  (unless OP disabled Mobile Data..)

The OP said that nothing works:  "yes they work only when I am in my house when i leave the house my phone does nothing but use camera or video".

Either way, "not regisitered to network" is a phone system software error message meaning tha the device has no usuable cell network at all.

softech
Mayor / Maire

Cool , I read it the other way.. I thought he meant just everything work except data.. LoL. . thanks @computergeek541 

t_p
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There are some inconsistencies in OP claims.

In his first post, he said: "

When I use my phone for ANYTHING but Facebook.. 

I get the message NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK"

which means he can use internet for some app !?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Debster119   do you have another phone around to put the SIM in to test? Just want to make sure it's not a device issue.    And, you just activated with PM ?

@softech wrote:

Cool , I read it the other way.. I thought he meant just everything work except data.. LoL. . thanks @computergeek541 

My intial reaction to the title "no internet" was also to think of APN settings. However, the "not registered to network" and a message similar to "cannot connect to a selected network" (when using manual network selection, this shows up in the notification bar) are universal error messages, at least on Android devices relating to the network connection.  If you're curious, try maually selecting the Rogers network and your phone will show one of these messages (dependent on device's software).  At least for me, when someone says that a phone is only usable as a camera, that's an indication that phone calls don't work either.

S--S
Mayor / Maire

@Debster119 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Need Help? Let's chat.