cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no internet

Debster119
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I make sure everything is set up right? 

When I use my phone for ANYTHING but Facebook.. 

I get the message NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK??

Please Help 

TYIA

25 REPLIES 25

Debster119

TY .. I have sent this info you shared with me.. to an agent 😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Debster119 wrote:

correct, no phone calls either.

& when I try to register on Public it keeps saying ....Unable to connect, try again later

@Debster119 

do you can test your SIM card in another device, to you can know the issue from SIM card or your device...

or you can Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Debster119 : Can you check for which type of network you're connecting to. Set it to things like LTE/4G and WCDMA/UMTS/3G. If it's set to GSM only then that won't work. Then check for whether your network is set to automatic. Go in there and search for and find Public Mobile and connect to it after you've set the above network type.

@Debster119  did you just activated yesterday?  I think you need to open ticket with PM to confirm your activation status

To open a ticket with Customer Support Agent, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot, try this to get to ticket opening faster:

type: Activation
click "Activation isn't working"
click "Other/Error code 821"
click "Contact Us"
Click "Click here to submit a ticket"

you will then direct to another page to open ticket.
There, you will be prompted to enter COMMUNITY Login (NOT My Account/Self-Serve) to validate your identity,

After ticket successfully opened, keep checking your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right)  CS Agent will communicate with you there

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to CS_Agents (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Debster119

correct, no phone calls either.

& when I try to register on Public it keeps saying ....Unable to connect, try again later

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You may have "all" APPs other than FaceBook turned "off" from being used with Data. Check your settings. 

Turn WIFI on and Data off while in house....check.

Turn WIFI off and Data on while in house....check. 

What are your findings?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Debster119 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

@softech wrote:

Cool , I read it the other way.. I thought he meant just everything work except data.. LoL. . thanks @computergeek541 

My intial reaction to the title "no internet" was also to think of APN settings. However, the "not registered to network" and a message similar to "cannot connect to a selected network" (when using manual network selection, this shows up in the notification bar) are universal error messages, at least on Android devices relating to the network connection.  If you're curious, try maually selecting the Rogers network and your phone will show one of these messages (dependent on device's software).  At least for me, when someone says that a phone is only usable as a camera, that's an indication that phone calls don't work either.

@Debster119   do you have another phone around to put the SIM in to test? Just want to make sure it's not a device issue.    And, you just activated with PM ?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

There are some inconsistencies in OP claims.

In his first post, he said: "

I get the message NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK"

which means he can use internet for some app !?

Cool , I read it the other way.. I thought he meant just everything work except data.. LoL. . thanks @computergeek541 

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

APN settings not being set wouldn't preent the connection to the cellular network  APN settings also wouldn't affect phone calls or text messages.

@computergeek541   OP's voice service seems to be working .. if just data not working, isn't that APN  (unless OP disabled Mobile Data..)

The OP said that nothing works:  "yes they work only when I am in my house when i leave the house my phone does nothing but use camera or video".

Either way, "not regisitered to network" is a phone system software error message meaning tha the device has no usuable cell network at all.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Debster119 

Looks like you are the second person with internet connection issues.

Maybe your internet is down. Please check your modem to see if all the lights are on and check to see if your internet is working on your desktop or laptop to see if if it is working.

Our internet was down for 4 hours a month ago.

@Debster119 wrote:

yes has been working great with other providers..

maybe i need to take the SIM out & re add it again?

You can try to reseat SIM card.

Try also 3G network to see if it makes any differences.

@computergeek541 wrote:

APN settings not being set wouldn't preent the connection to the cellular network  APN settings also wouldn't affect phone calls or text messages.

@computergeek541   OP's voice service seems to be working .. if just data not working, isn't that APN  (unless OP disabled Mobile Data..)

Debster119

yes has been working great with other providers..

maybe i need to take the SIM out & re add it again?

Debster119

where would I find that?

@hTideGnow wrote:

Look like your Mobile data is not setup yet.. Something to do with APN

what model is your phone?

Was it working with another provider before/

@Debster119 wrote:

How do I make sure everything is set up right? 

I get the message NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK??

Not registered to network is a message that means that you're not conected to the mobile network.  This can be because the wrong network is selected, there's no service (ex. not activated or cancelled), or this can sometimes happen when there's a network problem.   Can you try reselected the automatic network selection option to see what happens?

Galaxy 10 certainly work on PM

You sure you didn't disable Mobile Data?  ?  Make sure it is enabled.

Also, what is showing on APN

?

Try a network reset

and this is the APN setting for PM

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Look like your Mobile data is not setup yet.. Something to do with APN

what model is your phone?

Was it working with another provider before/

Debster119

Samsung galaxy 10

Debster119

yes they work only when I am in my house when i leave the house my phone does nothing but use camera or video

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Debster119   your other apps working too?  Like Browser, Google Map , etc.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Debster119 , if your are able to use mobile data even on just one app then it's working.  Is it possible that apps are being blocked from using mobile data?  What model of phone are you using?

Need Help? Let's chat.