cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no data on my moto x

Anne-Louise
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have manually set the APN, but the enable disable is greyed out.  Tried reset to default. tried reboot.  Still no data.  I do have wifi, and the settings shows that I have Public Mobile data, but when I turn of the wifi, both are gone.  I don't know what else to try.

Thanks

Anne-Louise

11 REPLIES 11

Anne-Louise

Thanks for all the help, got a new phone, all is good!!!!

@Anne-Louise wrote:

Thanks for the info.  It's android version 5.1.   I can change and save settings, but there is an enable/disable that is greyed out.

Post screenshots so we can see. Data should work. Also try adding a new APN. It's probably the settings that are wrong.

@THEnewfie wrote:

If it's an original moto x, from around 5? years ago.. and it's a European model.. it doesn't have the ability for it due to not having the right cell radio for the bands PM uses for its data. You'd be able to use it for calls and texts though.. which seems to be what you have had? ..if it is that European version, then you do indeed need a new phone to get to that sweet sweet data 😞 

Calls are working so it's compatibe with data. Data can work on same 3g frenquency as phone calls. LTE not needed.

@Anne-Louise wrote:

Thanks for the info.  It's android version 5.1.   I can change and save settings, but there is an enable/disable that is greyed out.

To turn the mobile data for your Moto X on or off, follow these steps.
  1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings > Data usage .
  2. Tap the Cellullar data switch to turn it on or off . If prompted, tap OK to confirm.

THEnewfie

There's my why's behind the reasoning..

But if you don't have that model.. then all that means nada.

THEnewfie

Capture+_2019-11-09-14-52-54.png

Capture+_2019-11-09-14-53-28.png

THEnewfie

If it's an original moto x, from around 5? years ago.. and it's a European model.. it doesn't have the ability for it due to not having the right cell radio for the bands PM uses for its data. You'd be able to use it for calls and texts though.. which seems to be what you have had? ..if it is that European version, then you do indeed need a new phone to get to that sweet sweet data 😞 

Anne-Louise

@Anne-Louise 

With some android phones, unable to change or save APN settings.  Do you know which operating system?  Not sure how comfortable you guys are with technology.  

One way around it is to use a Freedom mobile or Roam mobility SIM card which allows modification of APN settings.  Save the PM settings and then re-insert your PM Sim card

Anne-Louise

We're in BC, and my iphone works, but it's my husbands moto X that is having the problem.  He hasn't been able to get data from day one , about 6 months ago.  Guess it's time for a new phone Smiley Sad

Thanks

THEnewfie

If any of the other services, the talk and text, don't work.. then I'm gonna say you've succumbed to a recent snag in the system. Especially if you're in Ontario, which is where I've been seeing a lot of people with them snags say they're from. It also seems to be coming back for some of those people too.. so don't let the hope die 😎

Need Help? Let's chat.