ANOTHER THING IS THAT I always get an html error - what is that for?
At this point I am tired of answering through private message because it is not doing anything for me, there is more than one person talking to me and none of them seems to be aware of my file. I find life too short to be wasted in chasing after you guys.
Check the 4-digits of your SIM match the 4-digits listed on your SELF SERVE account, found here, under "Change Sim Card":
If the 4-digts DO NOT match, then it appears someone has been fraudulent (SIM-jacked) on your account.
Change passwords and security questions to your SELF SERVE account right away, and check your financials.
1.Let the moderators know about this as well, submit a ticket here – to be connected to the Fraud Management Moderator team who will be able to restore your original SIM card.
2.Also recommended to contact your financial institutions to ensure your banking and credit card accounts have not been accessed and checking your social media accounts for any suspicious activity. Make sure you change your passwords to these accounts immediately.
3.You may also want to report the fraud to your local police and the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501, as well as contact the two national credit bureaus to request a copy of your credit reports and place a fraud warning on your file (Equifax Canada Toll free:1-800-465-7166 and TransUnion Canada Toll free: 1-877-525-3823).
Help articles here:
I already went through these steps last week.
I got an email asking for more information in regards to my credit card, my sim card number and everything and I answered all that last week.
@Biteme : This is more of a hands-on self-serve kinda place. You can take things into your own hands here to a degree. You can follow the above steps. I suggest also you get a new SIM and use that Change SIM to change to the new one. Then Resume your service and you'll be back. Assuming the account is also saying Active.
Then do the moderator wait. You are probably getting email notifications telling you you have a private message. Don't answer those. Come back here and use the private message system.
I would ask them to credit you the cost of the SIM into your account if you bought one. But if you chose not to buy one then they can also reinstate your original SIM.
Are you typing things elsewhere and then copy/pasting them into here? You shouldn't be getting html errors.
I got a message telling me that my payment failed, yet i can see online that the payment has not failed.
did you see Available Fund on your Self-Serve page? or in transaction history, did you see they charge you the amount ?
Also, is your account currently showing Active? Not sure if you account was disabled due to the failed payment earlier, if so, you need to click Reactivate account
1) when I click on activate it takes me to a new screen where I need to start from scratch with a new sim number.
2) I am typing here directly and I have no idea why I keep getting html errors
3) how would I find out if I am going to be reimburse for my new sim? Otherwise, I may as well use the money and buy a new sim from a different company.
4) my account always shows available fund 0.00 and I never use the full minutes or text monthly since I have been with you. But even though it shows 0.00 at the bottom it show that I have use 0 minutes out of my availalbe time and shows that I owe money for the next cycle which is in March. You guys usually take the money two days prior to my billing cycle.
5) Why did I take the time to fill out all the information so that they can restart my account, plus they came back to me with more questions so that they can verify that I am aware of my file. I was told that it was to help me reestablish connection. Then how would i have known that I needed to come back here instead of answering them?
Can you see my point for one second how the whole thing does not make sense?
At this point I need to know if I am going to be reimbursed for a new sim since it does not seem like no one is looking into my situation.
Thanks very much
Maybe an Oracle could move this over to your other thread. The problem with adding on to others' threads is that then the creator of that thread will (by default) get notifications of the continuing postings on their thread. And the adder will not other than the other default of auto-subscribing to the thread once posted in.
1. I know I didn't say "activate". That's a keyword around here. No. You log in to your self serve account and use the Change SIM function. The same place you saw that your SIM #'s didn't match. But that's only if you got a new SIM.
2. it's a head scratcher.
3. There's no guarantee that they would credit you the cost. But they should. Or you can wait for them to reinstate your original one.
4. Renewals are very 30 days. They don't take money early. The renewal slides up in the month.
5. Coming back here means logging into the community to access the private message system. All support is done in private messaging. This forum is fellow customers trying to help you. But we can't fix your account or reinstate your SIM etc. All we can do is guide you.
Getting the support means you have to stay on top of their replies. If you let it slip then they close it and you have to start again.
1) I was looking around my account and I noticed it is giving me information on telephone number Usage for Phone Number 514-260-6540
1) I was looking around my account and I noticed it is giving me information on telephone number Usage for Phone Number 514-260-6540This is not my phone number. It is a number for Montreal and my number is for OntarioBut, at this point, it seems like even the hijacker is not using my minutes or text.2) I have been with you since last August 2020 and I am always billed 3 days in advanced and the funds are cleared on the credit card automatically two days prior to my billing date. This is the same for the February payment which went through more than two weeks ago.3( who are the moderators? are you guys something like "customer service" kind of thing? Who should I talk to if I need to know for sure?ThanksJessie
1. Is the number showing as your phone number under the Plan and Add Ons tab?
2. Not sure what you mean by this. Plans are not monthly, they are 30 days. This means your billing date will change from month to month.
3. We are customers. Moderators can be reached here:
How to Open a Ticket / Contact Moderators
1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"
2. Click "Contact PM Support"
3. Select "Account Specific Question"
4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"
5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"
6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve.
7. Provide log in info of Self Serve account.
8. Follow prompts.
1. Do you have online financial accounts ie Paypal. That is the usual target for SIM-jacking. It's possible that the SIM-jackers changed your number if you're seeing a different phone number from yours.
2. I think you might be mis-understanding dates and how this place works.
3. We are fellow customers. The moderators are the actual customer service reps. We can help you a lot before you might need the moderators. In this case, you need the moderators. I really hope you had long since Suspended your service in the Lost/stolen function and also changed your password for the self serve.
The moderators will be identified as having a light blue MOD next to their username. (usually Moderator_Team). ONLY give personal information to them