cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no call ins for 3 weeks , made out several tickets but no response from public

kazman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not getting calls in but, can call out, 2nd week was able to set up public voice mail. first 2 weeks all calls went to Virgin voice mail (no longer had access to Virgin voice mail)  and able to texted and receive texts , only seems if they are on my phone list.

14 REPLIES 14

Proving once again “If something can go wrong... it will”. 

Porting numbers between carriers is a bit of a complicated process so it doesn’t always go smoothly.

AE_Collector

@kazman wrote:

thanks for your reply  My previous carrier did not get the transfer request from Public. Public sent a request and now have incoming calls. Seems to be working now. 

Hi @kazman so nice to hear that problem has been resolved.   

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  1

kazman

Thanks for your reply  it turns out my previous phone carrier did not get the transfer request . Public sent a request and I seem to have phone service again. 

kazman

thanks for your reply  My previous carrier did not get the transfer request from Public. Public sent a request and now have incoming calls. Seems to be working now. 

kazman

Thanks for your suggestion , have checked this and there are no blocks 

kazman

Thank you  have also checked if there are any blocks on the phone 

kazman

Thank You  have tried sending tickets several times requesting this 

@kazman You will need to do a port request (again?) through the moderators. 

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Use "Port Request" as a subject. In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

kazman

Thanks  tried this and many other things. Contacted my previous carrier and they said they never received a transfer request from Public mobile. 

@kazman you should've just ported through the activation process...

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "Port request"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

kazman

Talk to Vigin mobile and they said they did not receive the request from public to transfer number and will not do so until they receive a request.

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@kazman Your number port failed. Put Virgin sim back in to see if it works. Text from your contacts might be working if you're using iMessage.

I might have failed. It might still be pending or be partially complete.

If the SIM from the previous carrier still works then the number port hasn't happened.

If it doesn't work then they've already released the number and closed the account. Or service is suspended because they haven't received payment - you can't be certain unless you login or contact them to see the status of the account.

Fastest way to get support from @CS_Agent is supposedly through Simon. But you might have quicker response with private messages when you see them online.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@kazman Your number port failed. Put Virgin sim back in to see if it works. Text from your contacts might be working if you're using iMessage.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @kazman ,

If it has been that long since you put in a ticket, put in another one. It may have closed out automatically.

Did your port a few weeks ago, it sounds like a port issue.

Are you an iphone user? By any chance, do you have any blocks on your phone?

https://www.macworld.com/article/3214636/how-to-block-all-calls-except-those-from-your-contacts.html....

Need Help? Let's chat.