cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no MMS

christinekvk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've tried everything but still not recieving MMS data.

Spoke to SIMon and it directed me to self-serve, signed up there, and still no results.

I'm also wondering why my account has no info regarding my automatic bill payment, despite giving my CC info to London Drugs employee, and saw him enter it at the store....

25 REPLIES 25

@christinekvk Have you tried both @CannonFodder 's and @Jb456 's APN settings?  Some phones require at minimum  network reset and usually a factory reset is required.  Contact the moderators and ask them to reset your SIM.  Click on the green questionmar in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.  (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket). Restart your phone when they are finished.

@christinekvk wrote:

we have not reset the phone. I have to remove my photos.

thank you!!

@fujiyama wrote:

@christinekvk 

Which plan are you on?

Can you sign in to Self Serve, and check the Overview page, under "My Data & Add-Ons" do you see how much data you have left?

(ie: "250 MB at 3G speed       ...       50 / 250 MB")

There was a data outage but it seems to be back now.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@christinekvk 

Which plan are you on?

Can you sign in to Self Serve, and check the Overview page, under "My Data & Add-Ons" do you see how much data you have left?

(eg: "250 MB at 3G speed       ...       50 / 250 MB")

christinekvk

we have not reset the phone. I have to remove my photos.

thank you!!

christinekvk

Asus Model ZO1KDA

@christinekvk what's the make and model of your phone?  Also, to send mms messages, movile data must be enabled. Thanks.

Did it just stop in last hour or two? As there is..

Canada wide network outages affecting many on Public Mobile. Hopefully they fix it soon.

That's why MMS is not working right now.  

christinekvk

sad to say, I had MMS for a day, three weeks ago. then it stopped. And I haven't had it since.

I've tried putting the SIM card in another phone, and the same thing....cannot send pictures or and emojis etc.

I have followed the directions I've been given for setting up my APN. That doesn't seem to be a problem. 

@christinekvk wrote:

Hell yes!!!  Thanks for all your help, we reinserted the SIM card. It works now - 🙂

Good enjoy the savings and welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

christinekvk

Hell yes!!!  Thanks for all your help, we reinserted the SIM card. It works now - 🙂

@christinekvk  what type of phone do you have?

Most if you pull top bar down you should see an option to take a screenshot shot. Some phones holding power and volume up.

How about this...go to Google and search (your model of phone) how to take screenshot.

@christinekvk  go to the apn settings and hold your power button down see if it gives you the option to take a screenshot. Could you please post the make and model of your phone. @will13am please show @christinekvk how to take a screenshot.

@christinekvk wrote:

If you tell me how to do a screenshot, I will happily do that.

I have now added DUN to APN Type

christinekvk

If you tell me how to do a screenshot, I will happily do that.

I have now added DUN to APN Type

christinekvk

OK< Thnaks, I will try that - eliminating the last two settings...

@christinekvk could you post a screenshot of your apn settings so we could take a look. Thanks.

@christinekvk wrote:

Hi, I got back into my APN and entered the info you sent.Its been saved, but no...no MMS data.I see a new entry under APN's which is now Public Mobile,with the sp.mb.com letters underneath it...blue dot to the right of the screen.

The rep at London Drugs entered my autopay, and they don't charge you for the SIM card here if you sign up with PM through them, which I did. It took some searching, but I found where they entered the info.

I'd rather spend time looking at how I can get data back on my phone now though...I sure don't mean to be rude. Hope someone can help as there isn't an easy way to do this it seems. I have been back to London Drugs and spoke to the same man who set me up, but he is at a loss as well.

christinekvk

Hi, I got back into my APN and entered the info you sent.Its been saved, but no...no MMS data.I see a new entry under APN's which is now Public Mobile,with the sp.mb.com letters underneath it...blue dot to the right of the screen.

The rep at London Drugs entered my autopay, and they don't charge you for the SIM card here if you sign up with PM through them, which I did. It took some searching, but I found where they entered the info.

I'd rather spend time looking at how I can get data back on my phone now though...I sure don't mean to be rude. Hope someone can help as there isn't an easy way to do this it seems. I have been back to London Drugs and spoke to the same man who set me up, but he is at a loss as well.

@Luddite wrote:

@Jb456  FYI: Apparently APN Type must include "DUN" to ensure tethering will work.

@Luddite  will add it. Thanks.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@christinekvk  did you have a referral code when you went to London drugs so you could receive a $10 sign up bonus?

If you did and they entered it. You will receive your credit within 72 hours.

@Jb456  FYI: Apparently APN Type must include "DUN" to ensure tethering will work.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Was busy typing, but saw that I was ninja'd yet again! 🙄 

@christinekvk  @Jb456 's info SHOULD get you squared away! 👍 

Oh, and one last point, if @Jb456 's APN settings don't work, edit those last two settings(the MVNO ones), so they're blank. On my phone, the data wouldn't work with those two set with the parameters provided above.

@christinekvk enable data an send an mms message if it goes , your apn setting are correct.

@christinekvk 

Use Google and type in the model of your phone and APN settings...like Huawei P3O APN settings....and it should give you where to find them.

But it should be fairly easy....its in Mobile networks likely under mobile data 

So Open Settings.

Go to mobile networks.

Then maybe Mobile Data 

Then you might see Access point names.

Also lots of phones have a search option.. open settings and if you have a search option at the top.. type in apn

christinekvk

Re auto pay - thats resolved, and yes, I found the CC info.

I entered the info to APN that SIMon gave to me and double checked it...now I can't find where I need to go to check your info with what I've already entered...please direct me

@Jb456 wrote:

For data you need to check your APN settings. They should be like below.

Screenshot_20191225_182521.jpg

For autopay you have to add it yourself. Log into your account and click Payments. Then Manage autopay.

Screenshot_20200201_045056.jpg

I have my autopay done now thanks - but the data is still a problem

@Jb456 wrote:

For autopay you have to add it yourself. Log into your account and click Payments. Then Manage autopay.

@Jb456 wrote:

can I reply here?

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@christinekvk wrote:

I've tried everything but still not recieving MMS data.

@Jb456  has you covered for that issue.

Spoke to SIMon and it directed me to self-serve, signed up there, and still no results.

I'm also wondering why my account has no info regarding my automatic bill payment, despite giving my CC info to London Drugs employee, and saw him enter it at the store....

Is it possible that the London Drugs rep merely used your CC to pay for your SIM and the 1st 30 days of your plan, or did you specifically discuss setting you up for autopay, while you were at the store?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

For data you need to check your APN settings. They should be like below. Also make sure data is turned on. It needs to be on for MMS to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.