cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newly ported, no service... please help?

ybickerstaff
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello all... i have a problem that i have read about many times in this community and i think i need assistance from a mod. i tried to set up my account online on November 20th 2016 and it just wasn't working. i got constant error messages and i just quit the process and called it a loss. 

long story short... my phone stopped working 2 days ago and when i called my current provider (Rogers) they told me my number had been ported out and my plan was cancelled. i suspected the port was by PM, so i put in the SIM card... no phone calls or texts possible. i feel that i am left high and dry with many questions left unanswered. can someone help get me on the grid?

7 REPLIES 7

ybickerstaff

still hoping someone from PM will help with my dismal situation.... i am really regretting the attempt to switch to them 😞

ybickerstaff

@Luddite thank you for all the advice and options!

Sorry, you are stranded until a moderator can get to your request. Your choices seem to be:

- just wait it out

- any carrier's prepaid service that just meets your emergency requirements (for me that's speakout7eleven.com) 

- get a voip app (fongo.com and Google Hangouts are "favourites" here) for free calling while on wifi; SMS with Fongo is $2.79 for a month. Plus, if you think you can manage with minimal data outside wifi zones you can get up and running on Virgin's flex data for just $10 ($5 SIM, $5 minimum for data)

- get another PM SIM and activate a 2nd account for 10 - 30 days (if that interests you, and you are near Mississauga private message me I have a spare)

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ybickerstaff

many thanks for the advice and i will do that 🙂

ybickerstaff

according to the site, i don't even have a PM account. it doesn't recognize my e-mail, which i found odd... i've already PM'd a mod and i hope they can help. many thanks for your advice & help!

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Take a look at your public mobile my account, does it have active plan now?  Since you are saying you didnt finish th eprocess, it might be it is finsished. So your current sim card might work.  

And it your phone unlocked already?

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @ybickerstaff

You need a moderator to assist you. Send a private message with your rogers account number and your number to them. Explain the issues, they will help asap. Be patient, according to the announcement, they will reply in 12 days. Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.