cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new year plan promo code?

wdw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I recently activated by PM sim card and signed up for the new year promotion (5 GB + 1 month free) before hand with my email address. I have several questions: 

1) I never received an email confirmation or promo code. All I got was confirmation message after signing up. Is this still okay? Will I receive my promotion offers? 

2) I believe I did everything correct, so when will I receive my promotional offers? 

Thanks 

17 REPLIES 17

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@wdw wrote:

Hi, I activated my account on Jan 29, 2021. I still have not received my 5GB additional data or my 2nd month free. I am writing again because my other family member who activated a couple days later got their 5GB and 2nd month free already. 

Thanks

The promo states within 30 days. If you have not received it by then contact a moderator.

1. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  2. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 days of activating if applicable.

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@wdw wrote:

Hi, I activated my account on Jan 29, 2021. I still have not received my 5GB additional data or my 2nd month free. I am writing again because my other family member who activated a couple days later got their 5GB and 2nd month free already. 

Thanks

If you followed the terms of the promotion, @wdw , you will receive the promised promotional items.

It may take up to 30 days from activation - and it seems some get it within days, others within weeks.  YMMV.

If after 30 days you haven't received these items, contact a Public Mobile moderator.  They will correct this for you - i can all but guarantee it.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

wdw

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dlambro : Yeah it's goofy wording to say business days especially for the free renewal. But I would certainly say to wait for the 5th. Then finally the 17th as mentioned. If still no data then you have a case.

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I activated Jan 6th, I received the $25 2nd month free credit Jan 18th but no 5 gb data, so I followed up because my renewal is Feb 5th, so it's been 25 days now and I thought I'd double check to make sure I'm getting the data, and the moderator told me it will be applied next month/next renewal, so I'm guessing after Feb 5th.

@dlambro wrote:

I asked the moderator team to advise when I will receive the 5GB free data add on with the Boxing Week promotion, and this is the reply I received today:

"Please remember the Boxing Week Savings will be applied 30 days after you activate your account. So, you have to wait for it to be applied for your next renewal.   Hope this information is useful to you. Arturo - Public Mobile Moderator"

So it looks like the 5GB data will be applied on the next renewal period, not before the renewal as many have mentioned in previous threads.  I already received the 2nd month free credit, but not the bonus data.  

@dlambro according to the T&C's of this offer (the bold is mine for emphasis):

5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.

You activated on the 6th of Jan. 30 business days from then according to the offer is the 17th of Feb. I would say you will get your data on or before then.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dlambro: So when did you activate?

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I asked the moderator team to advise when I will receive the 5GB free data add on with the Boxing Week promotion, and this is the reply I received today:

"Please remember the Boxing Week Savings will be applied 30 days after you activate your account. So, you have to wait for it to be applied for your next renewal.   Hope this information is useful to you. Arturo - Public Mobile Moderator"

So it looks like the 5GB data will be applied on the next renewal period, not before the renewal as many have mentioned in previous threads.  I already received the 2nd month free credit, but not the bonus data.  

n8te
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah sorry thats what i meant, thanks 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@n8te wrote:

Does anyone know if the promo code stacks with the lunar new year promo code that just came out?

There's only the one promo code going. The OP made the thread title with a misunderstanding.

Edit: And - This offer is not stackable with other in-market offers.

n8te

Does anyone know if the promo code stacks with the lunar new year promo code that just came out?

jiexu168

I'm in a similar situation as you guys. I have sent a ticket for help. Hopefully the moderator team could solve the problem for us. 

@PCW wrote:

I'm actually in a similar situation as you. I didn't get an activation email or promo code either, but based on what I'm reading on the forums, it appears if you sign-up/activate with the same email, we should get our promotional offers soon. If not, I think we can contact the moderators for help. I also read that the issue was because PM was too backlogged. But again, I am just speculating as I am new member too. 

Maybe someone with more experience on this forum board can help? 

PM should clarify this to reduce confusion with new member activations. 

They say it will take 30 business days (should not be "business days", mistake i think) to get the offered credit or data add-on. However, some people have confirmed getting the data add-on within 8 days. 

It is clarified in the Promotion thread: New Year Savings: Get your second month FREE plus ... - Community (publicmobile.ca)

"4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable."

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wdw : It sounds like you did everything right. So the promo items will show up before your next renewal.

Again...no promo code for this one. Just the most recent one.

Edit: excellent answering by the way. I know I threw a bunch of questions at you but some people might answer one of them. Very frustrating.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

If you used a referral code at activation then the $10 credit should show up within 3 days but usually overnight.

PCW

I'm actually in a similar situation as you. I didn't get an activation email or promo code either, but based on what I'm reading on the forums, it appears if you sign-up/activate with the same email, we should get our promotional offers soon. If not, I think we can contact the moderators for help. I also read that the issue was because PM was too backlogged. But again, I am just speculating as I am new member too. 

Maybe someone with more experience on this forum board can help? 

PM should clarify this to reduce confusion with new member activations. 

wdw

I signed up around last weekend when this offer was still on the website. I activated my sim card this weekend. Yes, I used my same email address for my sim card activation. I activated online. I chose the $25 more plan 

Thanks much help appreciated 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wdw : When did you submit the email address? When did you activate? Did you use the same email address for activation as you did at submitting? Did you activate online or in a store? Did you choose a $25 or more plan or the $15?

The promo code is for just the recent promo that doesn't offer 5GB.

Need Help? Let's chat.